Finally ordered my new 8V

I think Dave said he'd had. 8 of these.

Dave 8 p to. 8v wheel swap ... All I can say is don't do it....

And why would that be.... nice wheels and good tyres....

I could but a new set of the C4N wheels but at a list price of £370 each....

Depending on what tyres the new car comes with I will quite probably change them to the Hankooks anyway.

Here is a picture of my existing 8P Sportback with the wheels I'm thinking of keeping. My new 8V will be the same colour :)

P1030908

Reactions: PilotAudi and warren_S5
And why would that be.... nice wheels and good tyres....

I could but a new set of the C4N wheels but at a list price of £370 each....

Depending on what tyres the new car comes with I will quite probably change them to the Hankooks anyway.

Old 8 p wheels on new. 8 v will kill the value when you come to sell it. You may also have fitment and insurance issues.

Old 8 p wheels on new. 8 v will kill the value when you come to sell it. You may also have fitment and insurance issues.
The wheels are not 'standard' for the model at the moment as they were two colour when supplied and I had them re-coated to the single colour. Made no difference at all to the trade-in value. They are exactly the same fitment on the 8P and 8V, same size, same offset, same pcd.

I will check what my dealer says about the trade-in price but that's not the most important factor as far as I'm concerned. It's the same as my spec. I would much rather have what I want for three years than always be thinking of the trade-in value. I've always been given an acceptable value up to now so I don't see why that should change. It will also save me having to pay out for 4 new tyres (£400) if the car comes on ones I don't like. The wheels are still a correct approved size for the car. (TuV approved).

No final decision yet, just thinking about it. When I know what tyres are on the new car it will help my decision.

Your shout but I don't believe your OEM 8P wheels are available on an 8V and I am told they are different offset.

Your shout but I don't believe your OEM 8P wheels are available on an 8V and I am told they are different offset.
Correct - existing wheels ET56, standard 17" wheels on 8V ET51. The steel rim 16" wheels used on the 8V in Germany and the 16" standard alloys have an offset of ET46. I have emailed my dealer to get him to check with the workshop and/or Audi technical to see if this will make any difference. If it is a problem I will stick to the standard 5-arm design, which in my opinion are the best of a bad bunch, and just change the tyres if necessary. I just like my existing wheels.

Here is a picture of my existing 8P Sportback with the wheels I'm thinking of keeping. My new 8V will be the same colour :)

View attachment 28794

If you're going for a Sport trim that means standard 5 arm design alloys - they are pretty ugly and boring. Compared to them your old alloys will look better (nearly anything would). But still they won't really go with the more modern look of the car.

Reactions: PilotAudi
If you're going for a Sport trim that means standard 5 arm design alloys - they are pretty ugly and boring. Compared to them your old alloys will look better (nearly anything would). But still they won't really go with the more modern look of the car.

The only other options iare the CH2 15-spoke design. They are similar to my existing wheels but not quite so nice in my opinion and the CJ1 5-arm Kinetic. Both of these are a £250 option. To be honest I not that keen on any of the wheels in the current range.

No thank you :) Just got a confirmed build week for mine - week 12 w/b 17 March

I was just about to suggest getting an S-line as well... I hated standard sport alloys, so would have to add the cost of getting different ones. S line tempted me with perforated steering wheel and seats.

I was just about to suggest getting an S-line as well... I hated standard sport alloys, so would have to add the cost of getting different ones. S line tempted me with perforated steering wheel and seats.

There is too much that I dislike about the S-Line to even consider one, which is why I went for the Sport.

There is too much that I dislike about the S-Line to even consider one, which is why I went for the Sport.

I know it's your shout Dave but ... the seats are both sports seats, you can have soft suspension, with drive select you can make it really to most people's liking. You get a better resale value.. sorry I am only trying to be helpful..;-) Have you actually driven an S Line with SE suspension and 18in wheels?

I know it's your shout Dave but ... the seats are both sports seats, you can have soft suspension, with drive select you can make it really to most people's liking. You get a better resale value.. sorry I am only trying to be helpful..;-) Have you actually driven an S Line with SE suspension and 18in wheels?

I've not driven an S-Line on SE suspension but have driven three with the normal sport suspension and didn't like it at all. But there are other things about the S-Line that I don't like - black headlining, flat-bottom steering wheel, cloth/leather seats. Drive select does not make any difference to the suspension unless you also have the £995 Audi Magnetic Ride option.

I would much rather have what I want for 3 years than have a model I don't just because it will have a better resale value.

It's also only just under 3 weeks until my car is scheduled to be built so it's a bit late to make major changes even if I wanted to.

It's a little late to try and talk Dave into an S-line, it's getting a bit boring now!

Reactions: h5djr
I agree.
There's always one pub bore that likes the sound of their own voice .......... and usually also believe that their view is the only one, and infallible !!

:yahoo:

Reactions: h5djr and squiretolley
The CH2 15 spoke is not too dissimilar to your current wheels, but they will suit the 8V more than your current wheels, as they have a thinner spoke design to compliment the sharper lines on the 8V.

The trend for OE multispokes are for thinner spokes, for example see the 10-spoke option for the S3, and the Pretoria option wheels for the Golf R. Both having thin spokes, rather than thick spokes.

But it's all very personal, it's what you'll have to live with when you look at your car, so you need to be happy in your choice!

Edit: Golf R with Pretoria wheels (and PP, of course!)

uSGGOLM.jpg

deUYupv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: warren_S5 and Joetidman
So, I have to ask, what happened to all the earlier "dissing" of the A3?

You were quite vocal early on about how much you disliked the 8V and how you'd most likely end up with a Golf instead.

Genuine question - I'm curious what changed your mind.