Finally Got My S3...

S3-MJD

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I would say hi and introduce myself a bit. Ive been a forum member for a while now and lusted over an 8P facelift S3, but had a very specific set of requirements. I've been waiting about 3 years for today and finally i've picked up and just got home. She's a Feb 2009 registered three door S3 in Brilliant red with the RNS-e. I'm planning to do a bit of work to it, but just waiting for bits and money to come up so will be as and when. RS3 grille is on the cards, along with a cruise and parking sensors retrofit, along with exhaust, coilovers, remap and brakes eventually, but I am very much taking my time with her so I can appreciate everything the S3 has to offer. I'll upload more pictures tomorrow as I'm having a massive detailing session with a mate of mine to get her all cleaned up after the trip home. Any comments and opinions are more than welcome and I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

IMG 0018

Reactions: Fanboy, warren_S5, dandav1985 and 1 other person
Well done...plenty to enjoy there!

Looks good, don't see many red ones :)
Be careful with the parking sensors that u don't get the awful ones that stick out too far ;)

thanks guys, absolutely love it! Spent all day on it today with a very good mate of mine who has a mk4 R32 and managed to get some decent pictures as promised... Got some pressed plates ready to go with my personalised number plate so as soon as I can they are going on :D
S3 and Brolf side
S3 garage
S3 DRL
S3 and brolf

Nice shots mate :)
Well done, good choice...
Nice colour, I personally haven't seen many S3s in red, maybe 1 or 2...
Hope you enjoy every sec of driving that bad boy :racer:

Nice but needs the black edition grille or RS3 one. That will set off lovely against the red.

Love the car but suppose I have to say that as I've got same 59 plate looks awsum when it's all clean waxed up, enjoy!

Very nice s3! Not many s3's in red! Always lovely to see something different!

thanks for the comment guys, im getting a lot of admiring looks when she's parked up and smile every time i walk back to it! Not really loving the mpg but hey, thats not why I bought it!

Just a quick one, any of you know the best way to get this stubborn carbon build up off the exhaust tips? Spend over an hour on them today and cant get it any better than this :/ tried all sorts of metal polishes etc and cant seem to get it off :(

The left one is the same as when I picked her up, the right one is the fruits of today's efforts. Any ideas would be greatly received...
Photo 3

another vote here for autosol, try it with scotchbrite, little less aggressive than wire wool :)

cheers guys, will definitely give that a go tomorrow and i'll let you know how i get on

I tried wire wool and metal polish but could never get it right. Buying a milltek was my solution lol

Reactions: wuta3 and s3_trev
I didn't want a loud exhaust personally so I had new tips welded on :) I love the stock sound !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393348618.151974.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393348618.151974.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 372
so ive the car for just short of two weeks now and absolutely love it!! only thing thats bothering me at the minute is the wheels dont look wide enough to my eyes, so was wondering if any of you were running spacers and if so what width and where did you get them? cheers

I have just got mine on car is in garage still so can't get any pics but I went for 12mm back and 10mm front only seen car for quick 5 mins today but looked a lot nicer contact graeme at gnjmotorsport that's where I got mine

I have just got mine on car is in garage still so can't get any pics but I went for 12mm back and 10mm front only seen car for quick 5 mins today but looked a lot nicer contact graeme at gnjmotorsport that's where I got mine

Post up some pics if you get a chance buddy.

Hopefully I'll get car back today or tommorow been in garage since last week kinda missing it now haha

Hi guys thanks for the feedback, one thing that's bugging me about the car is the fact that I have the cd stacker in the glove box and not the ami iPod prep. My question is, is there a good way of taking the stacker out and replacing it with something that will charge my phone and connect to the rns-e cheaply or is it a case of upgrading to ami when I have the money?

You won't need CD's or phone music when you get an RNS-E. It has 2 x 32gb SD card ports that you can load up with all the music you need. I currently have 100 mixes, and 20 CD ablums on one card at the moment. More than enough listening pleasure.

Car looks great, did you pick it up from a place in Peterborough? If so almost looked at it before picked mine up last week, hope your enjoying yours as much as I am mine!

Yeah I did mate, took one look at it and fell in love!! Just a few minor niggles (cd stacker being the main one) but it's a joy and loving every second! Drive it as often as I can, hope you're enjoying yours too!

Reactions: JBell93
It's been a while so i thought i would give a little update. I got some LED number plate bulbs as I couldnt stand the OEM ones, and think they look 1000x better than standard. Would definitely recommend to everyone. Then I finally got my authorisation to display my private number plate so could get my metal pressed plates from Dubmeister on the car. I have to say the difference is amazing and personally think they look incredible! As always, welcome and comments and feedback, got her booked in with MRC at the end of the month for a dyno run and heath check with a mate who's just bought a B7 RS4. Incidentally, that R32 pictured above is now for sale so send me a message if youre interested. Cheers.

IMG 0149

IMG 0151

IMG 0153

Just a quick update, finally got round to getting some spacers so they will be going on soon, went for 15mm front and 20mm rear so should look awesome! Also got round to doing an ash tray delete and I must say of recommend it to anyone, really easy to do and gives miles more room under the heater controls, I've finally got a decent place to put my iPhone! I'll keep everyone updated as I go with bits and bobs