Finally got my S3!!

dom-k

Reaction score
Well, after a lot of messing around on the behalf of the dealership/DVLA taking off previous owner's private plate and getting old plate put back on, my car has finally arrived!

Car 001
Car 002
Car 003
I've had it for just over a week now, and just wow, is all i can say :yahoo:
The only issue i have, is that the last person who had it put 235/40 tyres on the 18 inch alloys. So when the dealership replaced all four tyres before i bought it, they just followed suit.
So on the work run last week with 2 passengers, and a full tank of fuel, they rubbed something chronic over every bump! Which on the motorway was a little disconcerting to say the least!!
Anyway, i'd read through some other posts that said this would be an issue with this width of tyre, and the garage are now going to put on 225's instead - which is a result!!
Despite this little rocky start to owning my first S3, i'm loving this car.

Reactions: jonesy07
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
I did find something else out that was a liitle odd about the car after buying it - in the list of factory options, the original specced wheels were Cast aluminium alloy wheels, 5 triple-spoke design, (S design), size 9Jx 21, with 265/35 R 21 tyres.
Would they have had to change springs to maintain same ride height/profile of wheel in the arch?

Thanks Ben!
Elrao - dont know who Blackie is, but if he lives in the Bolton area - cos that's where i got it from (BMW Select used cars) and used to have the license plate that read like black (substituting the odd letter and number!) then i think so.

Yeah, I think he is from round that way. A forum member, do a search and you might find some history in your car!

I'm chatting to him now! What a site this is - it's brilliant!