Finally Got My S3!

Popped in to see how my car was getting on. Jabba are STILL waiting for the parts from KW, but should hopefully be done this week. I'm getting the brakes bled with Motol RBF600 and having a oil and filter change just for good measure.
Really just can't wait to get her back on the road!

Got the car back today... Dogbone mount has made gear changes much slicker, initial suspension feels great but when I started to throw it about, the rear feels like its going to give way, very unstable?!...

Is the new stiffer suspension now putting extra pressure on the 59k bushes?

Could the front be dropped a little more to see if it helps sort the back out?

I'm getting a full pollybush kit and F&R NeuSpeed anti-roll bars fitted in August.

Just wondering why when I flick the steering it feels like the backend is going to come out? Not very confidence inspiring!

Some pics...

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

What are we thinking regards height? I think the front needs to come down around 5mm...

As for Neuspeed anti-roll bars, 25mm front, 22mm rear work well?

Cheers :)

Treated the car to a little TLC last night:

IMG-20120726-00139.jpg

Definitely need to get the ride height sorted, currently the back end is really prone to kicking out (very fun but not ideal).

Love this pic for some reason too, the reflection of the tree really shows the paint off:

IMG-20120726-00141.jpg

Just waiting for Jabbasport to get back to me with a price from the anti-roll bars and pollybush kit.

What do people suggest, Powerflex or SuperPro bushes?

Cheers.

I think the car sits about perfect mate!

Not sure about your rear grip issue, but maybe it's now handling like it should? I know when I upgraded to an RS4 rear ARB on my old A4, it initially felt a bit strange feeling the rear 'doing stuff'. Ultimately though, it never let go, and I got used to it after a while.

Maybe it would be worth a look at the rear bushes though, you may have a bit of unintentional 306 Rallye passive rear steer going on!

PS pretty sure I saw your car the other day on the A47? I was heading towards PE, and yours was going out, near Wansford it was?

Cheers mate. I think I'm going to lower the front a tiny bit more, just because there's a slightly larger gap between the tyre and arch on the front compared to the rear.
As for the handling, it is fun, the suspension is MUCH better than stock, but doesn't ride too hard and is very forgiving on country roads.

Yep, probably was me on the A47, I live 5 mins from Wansford. What car were you in?

I must have had my eyes closed, I always give a thumbs up to fellow S3 owners, my apologies!

I was most likely on my way back from Jabba...