Finally Colour Coded and S-Line Bumper!

scottyjohn

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have finally got my car bottom edges coded and also fitted the lower front bumper section from the S-Line model, and Im very happy with it! I think it looks a lot better and the guy who did the paintwork was great.

What do you think? Its still to get a full clean so forgive the dirt!

2421281000_c6351cc352.jpg

2420467117_acdf5e87db.jpg

2421281046_1b20e6ede0.jpg

:racer:

looks well- seems like a decent paint match aswell. what other plans do u have fella?

Yeah its turned out well. Not any more plans as of yet other than a good clean. Ive ordered S-line badges too as I think they just set it off in silver. I also wanted the rear roof lip spoiler but cant seem to find them.
The guy refurbed the wheels which were original on the car, but I think they look a little dull, so may go back and ask him what I can do. Does anyone know the brightest silver paint which can be used, I wanted an almost factory look.

You cant get the roof spoiler from VAG Parts, or a number of sellers on EBay...

;)

Looks very smart mate - mine is dolphin grey so is kinda colour coded already! If you find a good spoiler on ebay will you post the link please?

:o.k:

Don't happen to have your paint code / name to hand do you - I need to pick a tin of touch-up paint on the way home in this colour for my car?

Cheers!

Also, how much did it cost to get the lowers painted, if you don't mind me asking?

You can get chrome paint, its very bright. Put several coats of hard polyurethane laquer on top and they should look good, or use aluminium paint and laquer, bright but not shiny.

BTW how much did that cost you as asked before?

I wanna get mine done sooooooo much, hate that charcoal bottom on a silver car!

I think the charcoal bottom looks better on a silver car than any other to be honest. Mine has it and have done comparisons with and without in paint shop. I prefer it with black lower. To me there's too much bright work going on, plus the chips and marks from road debris isn't visible with a black lowers.

I guess it's personal preference. Some people say it cheapens the car... I reckon that's 8ollocks.

You are right about the chips etc, what I dont like about it is the car looks much smaller heightwise than it really is, I love the audi high windowline and deep slab sides, and I think the dark lower in the light car spoils that deep look.

The guy charges £280 for the colour coding and £25 per wheel for the refurb. Not bad really, the paint is excellent.