1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally back on form....

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by DavidR, Sep 16, 2003.

1. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Sep 16, 2003]
    Well, it stumped the Audi dealer, but a quick run on the dyno today revealed my lacklustre S4 to be producing only 227bhp and 245lbft, with a boost pressure of 0.3bar!!!

5 error codes in the ECU, and 3 months of piss poor performance later I am happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faulty MAF diagnosed, warranty companies wallet bashed and its getting faster and faster as the ECU adapts back to full form.

We got 267bhp as the ECU was adapting, and if anything its got better since.

Moral: don't beleive a word Audi dealers say and trust your paranoia (its good for you, honest!)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. LYRAC

LYRAC Member

[Sep 16, 2003]
    Hi David,
    Just checked your profile and under modifications it says
    "Erm, possibly... "/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Now what's the truth?
  4. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Sep 16, 2003]
    Well, this is a long story that has had many arms and legs provided over many pints of beer in Northern Ale houses!

When I bought the car used it did a 1/4 mile in 13.1 seconds. I drove against very a modified S3 (265+bhp, 300lbft) and won and suchlike. Much rumour was made of its chipped nature. However, just prior to the last Buxton meet, all was not well, a crop of manifolds, turbos, DVs, water pump and timing belt later things were worse and a new ECU to cure the problem made things worse still.

So now, I have a "D" code ECU (which I know is standard) and a new MAF. The car seems to be producing 267 bhp as the ECU was adapting to the new MAF and has got quicker still as the ECU worked out what was going on.

So I know that other than the RS4 MTM clutch, and brake related mods, the engine is as audi intented, but a quick example of the same - that is until APR US pull their fingers out of their arses and get the serial port S4 code on the server for me to get in the order of 320bhp and 360lbft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif