Fifth Gear is back!

this the tv show about cars where they actually test drive relevant cars? lol

Strange its not on channel five which it was originally designated for.

Channel Five dropped it two years ago, so Discovery bought the rights and it has had two series so far with them, now it seems it has moved again to History.

Weird that it is on The History Channel, as it is a current program. Discovery made more sense.

I met Jonny Smith about 18 months ago as they featured my TVR on Fifth Gear, seemed like a good bloke and was an interesting day.

Find it hilarious that it's on such an obscure channel. As discussed in the other Top Gear moaning thread, it just goes to show that no one is interested in "serious" car programmes these days, as if you're after factual info then you're better served by the web, YouTube and printed press.

Yet, such **** like Amish Mafia gets top billing on Discovery channel.....

Lifetime owns the History channel. They have some truly woeful shows. 5th Gear is not in great company.

How does preachers daughters sound ? Or Here comes hunny boo boo or Dance moms ?

Horrific TV that oddly Mrs Pulp watches and absolutely loves :think:

Last edited:
Yet, such **** like Amish Mafia gets top billing on Discovery channel.....

Lifetime owns the History channel. They have some truly woeful shows. 5th Gear is not in great company.

How does preachers daughters sound ? Or Here comes hunny boo boo or Dance moms ?

Horrific TV that oddly Mrs Pulp watches and absolutely loves :think:
I won't have a bad word said about Amish Mafia, I watched the whole series on a flight to Dubai. It's bafta worthy

Reactions: Pulp84
I won't have a bad word said about Amish Mafia, I watched the whole series on a flight to Dubai. It's bafta worthy

I have to admit its my guilty pleasure......I do watch it and although it's 95% staged with wooden characters - it is enjoyable.

I love the Jolin guy who walks around acting super hard. He just isn't :ohmy:

The 1st episode is now available to down load on Sky from the showcase section of the planner, ahead of it's airing on Thursday :icon thumright:

Reactions: Pulp84
I only view terrestrial telly so I won't be watching Fifth Gear, but when I could see it back in the day I thought it was a good programme .. as someone said, they actually test cars that we might actually seriously aspire to, not Lambos, Ferraris, etc. that cost silly money!

A programme that I have just unwittingly stumbled upon is The Classic Car Show on Channel 5. Fronted by Quentin Wilson and Jodie Kidd, it's a great show for anyone interested in older cars of all sorts. Last week they did a piece on the bi-annual vintage Monaco GP .. fascinating stuff.

Reactions: Ghost
So if you only use Freeview, like I do, you can't watch this? Can't see that the History Channel do an online option.