Few Upgrades / Changes to ICE - Bluetooth connectivity?

leighlo

Audi Newbie...
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2000 (Pre-Facelift) A3 and want to make a few changes to the ICE.

Looking to add bluetooth connectivity to the Concert head unit (Single DIN - not sure which model?), has anyone done this and got any tips? It's a non-BOSE setup.

Secondly, I'm looking to replace the rear speakers with my 6x9's I have from my old car, is this worth considering or is it a nightmare job?

Thanks all

TBH, the first thing i'd be doing is ditching the lump of crap head unit.

The system in my car is as follows:

Pioneer P3600MP head unit
JBL GTO4000 amp driving the standard audi door speakers
12" pioneer sub
250W sony amp driving the sub.

IMO theres no point changing the speakers, until you have a good signal to actually feed them. I found however that upon installing that little lot, the standard speakers are actaully not bad once fed with a nice clean powerful signal from a decent amp.

IMO 6x9's dont belong in a decent audio system. Your much better getting yourself a small sub instead.

Given you want bluetooth connectivity, your first step should be to buy a bluetooth capable head unit to replace the concert. Then stick the 6x9's on ebay, and get yourself a sub.

I was thinking about originally replacing the head unit, but every A3 I've seen with an aftermarket head unit looks odd - I like the look of the original. I hate the cheap plastic fascia plates... unless anyone can recommend a quality fascia that is inkeeping with the original dash?

I have a sub I could put in the car already, but with the boot being smaller than I'm used to, I'm thinking of keeping it out.

6 x 9's won't fit anyway unless you want to take an angle grinder to the metal rear deck.