Few running issues apy s3

Jonesymk2

Reaction score
The car will run perfect on tickover but starts to smell very rich,also I keep getting a boost cut sometimes aswell,I've plugged the computer into the car and the fault code 17963 comes up saying maximum boost pressure exceeded but that's it,there's no other codes come up to explain the running rich as the car has seemed to have got a lot more juicy on the fuel lately aswell,any ideas atall

first thing to do is link the actuator pipe straight to the charge pipe, leaving the n75 plugged in. this will eliminate the n75 and you'll know if its the turbo or actuator creating your overboost? do you have a boost guage, it sould hold boost at 5psi without the n75.... so will feel very slow but if boost is still rising you could have a turbo or actuator issue, can check your actuator by clipping a cut up tyre valve into the actuator line and pumping it up to see if it holds pressure.

if its holding 5psi and not hitting soft limp/boost cut then your problem is likely n75 pipework (first thing to check really, and check properly all your vac hoses...) or n75... can buy cheap silicone hose on ebay and replace your vac lines for pennys, ones under the inlet manifold are crap, mine were anyway due to the common rocker cover gasket leaking oil all over them!

rosstechs website tells you all the possible causes for that code if you have a look...

i had the same code when i bought my car and it turned out a previous owner had fitted a chinese turbo, ko4 copy which i had to remove and send to bill at badger 5 for porting of the wastegate appature as they are often too small thus creating boost creep.

do you have a n249 delete? any other mods?

I've done the n249 delete but left the sensor plugged in,it's got an aftermarket dump valve on it which was on it when I bought the car,also got a k&n cone filter and 3 inch down pipe and straight through to milltek back box,I will check all the pipes later today,the turbo I got off eBay a few months ago so may be the actuator but I unplugged the n75 last night and tried it but didn't get any over boost while it was unplugged and felt slow but could still hear the turbo working,I've not got a boost gauge ATM but will be fitting one soon,I've got a stage 2 mapped ecu coming soon so want it sorted before I swap the ecu over and other parts that I'm buying aswell,it also seems to misfire sometimes when you put your foot down again like a boost cut but only seems to do that in 1st or 2nd

No it's a recirc valve but not sure on make so will get a forge one soon,I'm presuming the charge pressure control will be the actuator ?

Sorted this problem over the weekend turned out to be a split in the pipe from the crossover pipe to the n75 valve so was an easy fix just replaced the pipe with some silicone vacuum hose :)