Few quick questions :)

tomtheblade

Reaction score
Hi all I have a b7 saloon 2.0tdi 2006 it has a cruise control stalk fitted but doesn't work been plugged into diagnostics and no errors so kinda scratching my head with it anyone know what I should do

Also will I be able to run 20" alloys I'm on coilovers lowered

Has the cruise control been retrofitted? Has it been activated/enabled via VCDS?

People have run 20" wheels on the B7, but it will depend on your rim width, tyre size, offset and how much you're lowered as to whether or not you'll get scrubbing in the arches

I don't know about the cruise control it was on when I bought the car I didn't notice it didn't work until after and when I text the bloke he said it did work before :/

I'm lowered I believe 100mm rear 80mm front will more than likely just run 19s tbh due to prices of tyres nowadays

I'm running 20" on my cab :)
Very slight rubbing issues on full lock,
If you hav coilovers you can raise or lower it to suit the wheels :)

if your stil struggling lad let me know ill pass you onto one of lads in sheffield that did mine, called bez hes a member on here top bloke

Clutch switch is a common fault that will stop cruise working if it's all been coded in and worked before. Unfortunately they don't show up on scans but cheap and easy enough to change.
Ran 20's for a while now, tyres aren't really that more expensive if you buy from right places. Last two times I've used Tyreleader and got four Falkens for £400.

Hi all I have a b7 saloon 2.0tdi 2006 it has a cruise control stalk fitted but doesn't work been plugged into diagnostics and no errors so kinda scratching my head with it anyone know what I should do

Also will I be able to run 20" alloys I'm on coilovers lowered
This may sound like a silly question, but you are trying to "set" the cruise control correctly aren't you? I mean not just putting the stalk in the "on" position and thinking it's not working. I'm sure you are but just making sure.