Few Questions - New to Audi

Michalis

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to order my first audi A3 S line and i have a few questions for you.

1) The Acoustic parking system looks good in S line rear pumber? Is there any photo to see how it looks?

2) I have to choose between the Sunroof and the leather seats. Which one is better?

TIA
Michalis

Michalis said:
1) The Acoustic parking system looks good in S line rear pumber? Is there any photo to see how it looks?

A32.jpg

Acoustic is quite well integrated compared to other cars.

I had a sunroof on previous 3.2. Had loads of wind noise issues which couldn't be resolved (not the if you dare to go past the "comfort position" ear splitting thudding wind noise - but when only on tilt), so chose not to have one again. I'd go for leather if although S-line part leather is already pretty good.

Erm... if you buy the Special Edition that's out at the moment you get free leather. Of course it's not available in diesel, but then who wants a tractor anyway? :biggrin:

I live in Cyprus and the Special Edition Is not available here.
I can add the leather with £550 in top of S line. Same price is the Sunroof.
I decided to go with leather. Thanks for your answers.

Ooooh Arrr
I luurves moi tracktor

Rear parking sensors are an essential piece of kit on an A3, my first one didnt have reverse sensors and was a total pain in the ****, my current A3 does have them and they are a godsend....I would also recommend having the Symphony 2 headunit as its a cheap upgrade which gives you a 6 disc changer in the dash.

marriedblonde said:
I can't understand everyone's need for parking sensors. The A3 is only a little car!

J.

Easy - Low level concrete bollards, as found in supermarket car parks.

These are often completely invisible from the drivers seat, when trying to park in such places. The parking sensors have saved my rear bumpers from dents many times. They are my number one item on the options list !

marriedblonde said:
I can't understand everyone's need for parking sensors. The A3 is only a little car!

J.

FACT: Im **** at reversing...

marriedblonde said:

J.

I agree.
If a car came with them for free,fair enough.
Paying for them is just admitting your driving is sub-standard.
I would suggest a further option for these people;

A man walking in front of them,waving a red flag.

mfspen said:
Easy - Low level concrete bollards, as found in supermarket car parks.

These are often completely invisible from the drivers seat, when trying to park in such places. The parking sensors have saved my rear bumpers from dents many times. They are my number one item on the options list !

Do you not look at the space your about to reverse into?

bowfer said:
I agree.
If a car came with them for free,fair enough.
Paying for them is just admitting your driving is sub-standard.
I would suggest a further option for these people;

A man walking in front of them,waving a red flag.

And those stupid green P plates or are they green L plates. Basically just an alert for the rest of us to stay out of your way!

J.

marriedblonde said:
Do you not look at the space your about to reverse into?

You are missing the point.

There are many occasions when you can't see fully into a tight parking space, and especially close to the ground, where the bollards live. When you are lined up with the space, in between two other cars, you can't see below about 2 ft above ground level.

mfspen said:
You are missing the point.

There are many occasions when you can't see fully into a tight parking space, and especially close to the ground, where the bollards live. When you are lined up with the space, in between two other cars, you can't see below about 2 ft above ground level.

No not at all. I was, tongue in cheek, saying you couldn't park :d

This is one of those occasions when we are going to have to agree to disagree. Personally I don't feel the need for parking sensors, looks like I am not alone either. My wife on the other hand would argue that they are a god send but she does drive something bigger than an A3 and she can't park!

When I post up here that I have dinged my car into a small bollard you have my permission to say "I told you so" and rip the wee wee out of me! ;)

marriedblonde said:
....This is one of those occasions when we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Looks like it.
Maybe you visit different supermarkets to me !

I have been reversing into spaces on numerous occasions, where the parking sensors have been bleeping furiously, even though no obstruction was visible from the drivers seat. When this first occurred, I was convinced the sensors must be faulty - so got out - had a look - and sure enough, there was a 12" high bollard just a few inches from the bumper.

It's nothing to do with driving skill. If you are reversing towards an obscured object, which you are unaware of, then no amount of skill will stop you hitting it !

They are £260 well spent in my opinion.

mfspen said:
Looks like it.
Maybe you visit different supermarkets to me !

I have been reversing into spaces on numerous occasions, where the parking sensors have been bleeping furiously, even though no obstruction was visible from the drivers seat. When this first occurred, I was convinced the sensors must be faulty - so got out - had a look - and sure enough, there was a 12" high bollard just a few inches from the bumper.

It's nothing to do with driving skill. If you are reversing towards an obscured object, which you are unaware of, then no amount of skill will stop you hitting it !

Apperently so, I shop at the local sainsbury's/M&S. They don't seem to have any obscured 12" bollards.

But I'm still not getting it, if you reverse into a space it implies you have driven past it and had a look see? If there's a bollard in the space, at the back, whatever surely you must have seen it? Maybe not...

marriedblonde said:
...But I'm still not getting it, if you reverse into a space it implies you have driven past it and had a look see? If there's a bollard in the space, at the back, whatever surely you must have seen it? Maybe not...

I agree with you, that would be true in that scenario, but not always...

You could have driven past an occupied space, the car pulls out behind you, and you then reverse back into it (hoping it's clear !).

OK, it's not an everyday occurrence, but it does happen. The Waitrose I used to visit (before they moved sites), was notoriously difficult to find a space, and it had loads of the pesky bollards !

Rear parking is easy!

I don’t understand why car manufactures don’t come up with a

'Watch out your going to kerb your wheels'

alert!?