1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions about B5 A4's

Corona Mar 30, 2004

1. Corona

Corona New Member

I am looking at buying a 2000 A4 1.8T and I have a few questions...

1. Are they rare to find with OEM HID?

2. When it comes to modding, what is a fairly priced turbo and\or chip upgrade and what are the usual results (power-wise)?

Thanks in advance

2. K212

K212 Member

Corona,

I got my 2000 A4 last year, not sure about how rare it is to find one wit HIDs...mine didnt come with them. I upgraded my ECU with an APR chip here in the states. The mod was supposed to give a gain of about 40 horses to the 150 stock.

I haven't dynoed it, but the power can be felt throughout the entire rpm range. It is a very smooth ride and for a few hundred dollars, it's well worth the upgrade. Next I'm lookin to get the HID upgrade-too bad i couldn't find one with them already.

3. Corona

Corona New Member

If I can't find an A4 with HID then I was considering buying a TT but I'm not sure yet. I want to drive both and then see how I feel.

As for the HID, I had an Integra GS-R with a HID kit in it with halogen projectors. The beam pattern does not provide a good spread of light and it doesn't have the cool flicker for oncoming traffic.

My Integra was stolen on sunday 3/28/04, the 2nd honda of mine to be stolen within 2 years so I am moving on to european cars.

I am interested in seeing what exactly changed in models in the A4. My buddy has a 97 1.8T but his tail lights look different than the newer B5's. I saw that 2000,2001+ had a white\clear strip on the tail lights. Do you know what else is different between models off hand?

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Can't believe your choosing a car based on headlights

5. K212

K212 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    AndyMac said:
    Can't believe your choosing a car based on headlights

[/ QUOTE ]

haha-I suggest that you just get the TT since you can afford either one

6. Corona

Corona New Member

I'm not really basing my whole purchase decision on HID's but it's a feature that I definitely want. If I find a good deal on one without HID, I won't hesitate to buy it. I could always buy OEM HID A4 headlights and put in a HID kit.

I've been thinking alot and am trying to decide between the 1.8T A4 or the TT 225 hp. Also whether or not I want Quattro since, from what I've read, the FWD have a limited slip.

Since the TT I want is 225 hp already, is it still modable? I'm not looking for any sick power but I wouldn't mind an extra few ponies that I could milk out with a ecu chip or whatever.

What year was the 225hp TT first offered?

Sorry for the newbieness guys, I've been with Honda's for the last 5 years.

7. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

the 225hp TT was first offered in 2001

8. Corona

Corona New Member

Anyone else?