Few Pics With My New Camera

D2NY G

Reaction score
Gents,

Bought my self a dslr camera, my memory card arrived last night so thought id have a play, im a complete novice to cameras and that so i had it on auto most of the time the advanced mode is just beyond me atm.

Gunna keep at it tho as it seamt okay to use so hopefully ill get better.

Anyways seen as it was hammering it down a car park with shelter had to make do :)

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

few attemtped rolling shots lol

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

ill get the hang of the rolling stuff soon haha

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0075-1.jpg

favorite of the set

DSC_0070.jpg

Love the car mate but loose the revo sticker makes it look chav !! Sorry thats just me its your car and if you like it fair doooos.

Cheers lads, ill get the hang of the photography thing soon :)

Marrow - ya not the first person to say that lol I have been thinking of removing them and probs just a smaller rear window sticker :)

Looking good, and practice makes perfect. The best thing about a DSLR is you can take tons of pics and just keep the ones you want.
One thing I like to do it get down low as it makes the car more aggressive, and the stance of your car would make it look really good.
Take your first pic for instance, if you got your camera down low, around 18" off the floor (a small tripod is perfect for this) while still viewing at the same angle and twist the camera slightly clockwise / anti clockwise to get the car going from corner to corner it would get the desired effect.

Not a brilliant example but it gives you an idea of what I am trying to explain.
DoverandSpitfiremuseum016.jpg

sidibear - nice one mate, yeh a get what you mean, ive got a tripod on order just waiting for it, few ov my pics were a tad shakey but like you say practise makes perfect. :)

A tripod greatly increases the quality of your photos.
Just need to get you into bracketing and light painting and you will be snapping away at everything. :icon_thumright:

One thing to bear in mind is any reflection .....can be great pic but spoiled by a blurred figure.......also black and white can give so much more depth especially with the chrome on cars.....just keep snapping away and enjoy.if all else fails you can always touch it up in photo shop.........

A tripod greatly increases the quality of your photos.
Just need to get you into bracketing and light painting and you will be snapping away at everything. :icon_thumright:

Bracketing and lighting you say.... will have to get reading online info and keep playing the advanced settings on the d3200 look really cool but as of yet im in no position to start with them haha :)

One thing to bear in mind is any reflection .....can be great pic but spoiled by a blurred figure.......also black and white can give so much more depth especially with the chrome on cars.....just keep snapping away and enjoy.if all else fails you can always touch it up in photo shop.........

Yeah i took a few in this local indust bit full of spray painted walls and got sum reflections ont car, but it was kinda dark so save that spot till a lighter day.

Having my pc wiped and beef'd up so i can start using photo shop, ill have my work cut out but in the long run should be alrite :)

Like the wheels! and the last photo is cool :icon_thumright:

Bracketing is taking three shots, one normal exposure, one over exposed and one under exposed and then you can stack them together so you get the highlights and nice dark areas.
Light painting is just that, find something dark, use a long exposure and use a torch to "paint" the areas you want. I recommend a Lenser P7 for that. Try it in the garden tonight, long exposure of around 10 seconds and "paint" your shed with the torch.

Like this of a pitch dark basement.
49thLightpainting002.jpg

49thLightpainting006.jpg

Like the wheels! and the last photo is cool :icon_thumright:

Cheers mate :)

Bracketing is taking three shots, one normal exposure, one over exposed and one under exposed and then you can stack them together so you get the highlights and nice dark areas.
Light painting is just that, find something dark, use a long exposure and use a torch to "paint" the areas you want. I recommend a Lenser P7 for that. Try it in the garden tonight, long exposure of around 10 seconds and "paint" your shed with the torch.

Like this of a pitch dark basement.
49thLightpainting002.jpg

49thLightpainting006.jpg

That looks really cool mate. Once i get my pc back with photoshop on it looks like im going to be havin a bash at this.

Need to learn my camera abit more because as of yet im not sure how to do these shots lol :)

car looks great fella, good luck with the photography, I've been toying with having a go but never got round to it. My uncle does it professionally so he'd always teach me! But as is the case with everything, other things get in the way!

car looks great fella, good luck with the photography, I've been toying with having a go but never got round to it. My uncle does it professionally so he'd always teach me! But as is the case with everything, other things get in the way!

Nice one pal, yeh a few mates are really into it they used to do my pics but now i can aim to do them myself so should be good once a get it lol, suppose they can always give me advice here and there

D2NY said:
Marrow - ya not the first person to say that lol I have been thinking of removing them and probs just a smaller rear window sticker :)

Ye do it keep it classy !!