1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few niggly problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Jonesymk2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Jonesymk2

Jonesymk2 Member

I've put an agu engine into my apy S3 then had to change the oil pump in that,got that all done last night and all seems well apart from a couple little things,while I was changing the engine I got rid of the sai then also got rid of all the pipe work for the n112 and n249 but left them plugged in,now it seems to hesitate a bit sometimes and also sometimes it comes on boost gets to about 4000 revs and seems to loose all boost,but then sometimes it seems to boost fine all through the revs,could it be a problem with the n75 valve or maybe the dump valve,the car I think has had a remap at some point and since I've had the car I've made and fitted a 3 inch down pipe and it's 3 inch through to a milltek back box,I've also fitted a k&n come filter and that's it,it all seemed fine before I swapped the engine

I plugged the computer we use at work into the obd port and it showed up 8 faults,2 seperate faults for the knock sensors,1 fault for the sai pump which I've removed,one for the n249 valve,2 I think it was saying n75 valve over boost and can't remember the other 2 faults
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Not sure if you are just telling us or asking for something here but.... post up the exact fault codes mate or look on Ross Tech wiki (Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki) at least initially then ask... there are several different codes that can be thrown for any one component so without the codes its difficult to suggest anything..

<tuffty/>
  3. Jonesymk2

Jonesymk2 Member

Was supposed to be meant to see if anybody might have a clue sorry,I will plug the computer in again at work on Monday and see what it comes up with
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

No worries dude... much easier to quote the exact number and as much detail as poss... :)

VCDS is ideal for this as it gives all the extended info... and you can easily copy and paste the codes and descriptions into a post..

<tuffty/>