FEW MODS....PICS

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Decided against the gold BBS LM option (to those of you that remember) and got the silver/chrome variant instead......

SPRINGDETAIL.jpg

Sunk2 "Spoon" gearknob (drilled out to fit the audi shift rod-as these are only made for Hondas), and a new Italian leather gaiter.........

ITALIANLEATHERGAITER.jpg

Pioneer MVH8300BT headunit. Love this as its also bluetooth/parrot and the screen is excellent! Its also SD card compatible and it currently has a 16GB card in there with the entire media content from my Iphone!

PIONEERMVH-8300BTHEADUNIT.jpg

Finally gave her a Spring detail (better late than never!-Ignore the wheelie bins!lol!.......)

SPRINGDETAIL-1.jpg

Cheers Guys!

you know what.............. I really like this....

you have the head unit i was thinking about and the wheels I like..... :) +++++2

is the head unit good? I was told it was a little tacky in the flesh vs an Alpine...?

Andy

I like Pioneer stuff. Looking at a DEH-6300UB for the Shed once i get it on the road, and have a DEH-P3630MP in the Avant.

The Alpine iDA-X range looks like something out of a space ship, the unit above is nice and sleek.

Like this!

I have a saloon is exactly the same colour and I've recently bought the same wheels but not fitted them yet (til I get the suspension dropped and a respray). If it looks as good as that I'll be happy!

Pretty sure the screen is 3 inches. Its very good quality too! It plays Div-x/MP3/WMA/AAC via the SD, etc etc, or you can insert a USB dongle at the front or just hook it ip to your iphone. The build quality is actually very good. Dont get me wrong if it was a pikey make or pikey build quality than it wouldnt go near the car! lol! I fitted the LM's with 235/40/18 TOYO PROXES T1-R rubber and I must say I am impressed! My fave mod recentely though is the gearknob. Its weighted (440 grams) and gives shifting a much nicer feel on the cut down shift stalk (I cut about 3 inches off the length).

Oh, the HU that was replaced was an Alpine CDE-11R. Comparing build quality, theres nothing in it.

Have you driven the T1R's in the wet yet?

I've borrowed my brothers E30 for a few weeks which is shod in T1R's, and the cars ****** lethal as soon as the roads damp.

I even had it light up the rear wheels accelerating in a straight line half way through second gear!?!

Theres nothing in it there equal! Both very well put together! Aragorn, yes I have. Thought they were very good (are we talking about the same tyres?.........Toyo T1R - tyre reviews, the online tyre guide). I drive my car pretty hard and most of the time it is wet!lol!-only have great things to say about them! I was going to go for the RS2's (I know you love those Aragorn), but I have had them before and wanted to try something else. Defo got the right size for the quatty-235/40/18. The extra rubber on the ground is good! My previous tyres, Dunlop Sport Max Gt's were inferior tyres-AND THEY COST MORE WHEN I BOUGHT THEM!!!!-Go figure!

Yep they're defo T1R's, as i got out and looked at them with a "WTF tyres are on here" thinking they were going to be nankangs or linglongs or something lol.

The newer T1-Sports are supposed to be a big improvement in the wet.

I guess quattro will help to some extent vs the RWD beemer.

Thats true, but honestly, I think the T1-R's are very good tyres. The only better ones I have ever had (in all conditions) are Michellin pilot sports on an old R33 skyline. But those tyres are very expensive! The Toyos are are ranked as one of the best budget performance tyres out there.

T1R`s on my old Yaris and Civic were shocking in the wet. Could easily full lock it on a round about in the wet with a little gas added to the mix. On the A4 it seems they`re pretty good and not half as slidey as they were on my previous cars in the damp so they`ll do fine for the minute.

Parada Spec 2`s were the worst in the wet that i`ve ever had but then probably the best in the dry i`ve ever had.

I've gone with Eagle F1 Asymmetric2's on the Shed, and the avant has a pair on the rear too (waiting for the Kumhos on the front to wear out).

They seemed to get some impressive reviews matching and/or beating the latest from conti and michelin both wet and try.

Think they were about £90 a corner in 17", which is the same price as the T1R's and slightly cheaper than the T1-Sports in that size.

Hopefully they'll live up to their reputation once i get shed on the road!

Cheers buddy.Bit indecisive when it comes to wheels! So far I've had grey/golden 16" standard sport rims, A8 Monoblocks, Porsche turbo twists and now these!! Like these the most.....At the moment!lol!