1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few minor issues my 61 plate 3 door a3

Andy Crooks Apr 5, 2014

1. Andy Crooks

Andy Crooks Well-Known Member

This door hinge has started to have a click noise everytime it is opened and gets to the point it's at in the picture, I have tried abit of wd40 to see if it was abit dry on the joint

[​IMG]

Second issue is the boot trim which the boot latch locks into the joint on the left side is like this

[​IMG]

on the right side it looks like this

[​IMG]

this is the part I am referring to

[​IMG]

the part on the inside of the boot is scratched to **** so if anybody has part numbers or any idea of costs for the part

many thanks

btw ignore the rubbish and dirtyness I was going to the tip then coming back and giving it a clean

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Don't bother replacing the boot trim, new one will get scratched anyway, so don't waste your money & as for fitment, its not exactly bad tbh as I've seen loads & some are slightly of one side, it may need slightly manipulating into the side carpet loops you cant see as they're hidden behind & it has a locating tab, unless its loose & easily pulled away, I would leave it as it is, trust me a royal pita to get straight sometimes.

Use spray grease on the hinges, wd40 will run of mostly, whereas spray grease will stay static.

Tonka Toy likes this.
  3. Andy Crooks

Andy Crooks Well-Known Member

Will halfrauds have the spray grease or will have to look elsewhere and I'll try manipulating the boot trim abit more cheers mate

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yes they will, its not expensive, I have the spray white grease,

5. Jackx1

Jackx1 Member

I wish that was the only problem with my car!

6. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Member

7. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Active Member

I used castrol multi purpose grease on my door hinge. Havent needed to regrease for quite some time

8. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer) Gold Supporter Audi S3 Audi Main Dealer

Hinges will still be under warranty I'd have thought.

9. Tonka Toy

Tonka Toy Member

Love the picture mjr901.:anbet:

These hinges are a pain in the a**e and my heavy door is forever bouncing back and squashing me as I'm getting out the car!!