Few minor issues my 61 plate 3 door a3

Andy Crooks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This door hinge has started to have a click noise everytime it is opened and gets to the point it's at in the picture, I have tried abit of wd40 to see if it was abit dry on the joint

Second issue is the boot trim which the boot latch locks into the joint on the left side is like this

on the right side it looks like this

this is the part I am referring to

the part on the inside of the boot is scratched to **** so if anybody has part numbers or any idea of costs for the part

many thanks

btw ignore the rubbish and dirtyness I was going to the tip then coming back and giving it a clean

Don't bother replacing the boot trim, new one will get scratched anyway, so don't waste your money & as for fitment, its not exactly bad tbh as I've seen loads & some are slightly of one side, it may need slightly manipulating into the side carpet loops you cant see as they're hidden behind & it has a locating tab, unless its loose & easily pulled away, I would leave it as it is, trust me a royal pita to get straight sometimes.

Use spray grease on the hinges, wd40 will run of mostly, whereas spray grease will stay static.

Reactions: Tonka Toy
Will halfrauds have the spray grease or will have to look elsewhere and I'll try manipulating the boot trim abit more cheers mate

Yes they will, its not expensive, I have the spray white grease,

I used castrol multi purpose grease on my door hinge. Havent needed to regrease for quite some time