Few A4 Related Questions

jimmyb592

Reaction score
Had my avant for 3 weeks now and have found an annoy feature that my car seams to have come with. The drivers window works on "one-touch" to raise the window but doesn't work to lower the window. I have tried to reset the switch but to no joy. Has anyone else had this issue before I go and buy a switch.

Also my spare key comes up with "safe" on the odo when the key is put into the ignition and the remote doesn't operate the locks. Simple reprograme job for audi I guess?

And finally, I'm looking at a set of genuine 9x19" rs6 wheels with tyres, but will a 255/35r19 fit the the arch?

I tried pushing the switch down and holding it, then up and holding it. Still the same fault

Regarding alloys, depends on the offset of them, you may need to go 235, and also depends if you are lowering the car aswell?

This is pulled from the ross-tech site for the key mate.

My drivers window is the same mate, and resetting it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm going to try cleaning the switch with some electrical contact spray, then if that does nothing replace the switch.

My mates Fabia was doing this with the window. I took it apart, cleaned the pcb and put it back together. It's been fine ever since.

I have 235 35 19 but that is on 19x 8 wheels a 9 inch wide would need a wider tyre wouldnt it unless your looking to stretch.

ref window, it sounds like a faulty/dirty switch.

I had this and ended up pressing harder on the switch for it to work, before getting a new one and it has been fine since..........wear and tear.

Cheers for the replys. I'll try the key programe and window switch tonight when back from work. I don't mind abit of stretch aslong as its not stupid amounts. I reckon a 255 will be too wide tho

hmmm im running 235 on 9j rear and dont get rub, and 215 or 225 front on 9j and no rub either but nice stretch. 255 may be a bit too wide.

Had to do mine again today after a flat battery .. Window closed . Pull as if you were closing the window for 5sec and then try .. Should work