Feva's A4 Black Edition

That's annoying!! He should just refund you for free! Have to try another seller maybe? Or go for the RS grill with black rings...:hearteyes:

That's annoying!! He should just refund you for free! Have to try another seller maybe? Or go for the RS grill with black rings...eyes:
Found another couple of sellers James but they look the same type.
Some (same as this seller) give correct measurements, I've asked a couple to confirm measuresments, need to have a think/look into this again tomorrow in the daylight.

Worst case I'll have to look at main dealer see what they sell and prepare to have my bank emptied.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: James.B8
Sending them back today. Found a front badge that is correct (hopefully)

The badge saga continues

Ordered another front badge.
Ordered another rear badge.
Both supposed to be exactly the size required (fingers crossed)

Front badge only turned up today

1733a49abe1c058a3ecd01c4b7dc1106.jpg

Perfect fit.

Can't believe it's turned up so quickly!

£9! Bargain.

Reactions: Chop.
Front badge only turned up today

1733a49abe1c058a3ecd01c4b7dc1106.jpg

Perfect fit.

Can't believe it's turned up so quickly!

£9! Bargain.

Glad you've got them sorted. Is it just the photo or are they not that black? Get some more photos up when you've got all the other bits on :grin:

Glad you've got them sorted. Is it just the photo or are they not that black? Get some more photos up when you've got all the other bits on :grin:
It's just the photo James perfect colour match

Reactions: James.B8
Got refund for original poor fitting badge set.
Seller apparently says they are the size stated?
Strange then that they don't fit?

Only now waiting for rear badge to turn up and some decent sleep to do it been on nights all week.

First night of decent sleep.
So changed side sline badges

b518b8fe3d49b09048b4bbece4691220.jpg

c73f69a4c153a3dfa8d48883b943b7a7.jpg

8cf8249ea4e395c34a8084a488ce57f6.jpg

Hairdryer and dental floss again but this time used white spirit to remove leftover residue, worked much much better.

Only need rear badge to turn up now.

Reactions: Chop. and James.B8
Last fill got me 290 miles !
Chop if I had that I'd be checking for a hole in the tank and then I'd have a heart attack.

Reactions: CHEZ and Chop.
First day off nights so cars had a good clean.
Usual snow foam, wash and another coat of collinite 845 wax
Love this stuff 20mins to do the whole car.
All ready for an 8hr drive later to see my mam near the Isle of skye.

Typical my rear badge turned up, had a quick go at it but the dental floss kept snapping so I'll have to get some fishing line but haven't got the time now it'll have to wait till I get back.

Reactions: Dsport
8hr drive done. Absolutely love this car. Drive was great loved it mixture of motorway/dual carriage way and twisty Highlands roads averaged 50mpg. And stuck to the speed limit at all times officer honest.

Today's drive across to skye

eeb275472e692f0621646b847c651f99.jpg

Great driving round here.

Reactions: GjrBartlett, Chop., RS5 JON and 1 other person
Been a while since I've visited Skye, but it's a lovely place, apart from the midges, enjoy your visit feva.

Cheers
JG

Reactions: feva
Been a while since I've visited Skye, but it's a lovely place, apart from the midges, enjoy your visit feva.

Cheers
JG
Cheers lovely place. Been eaten alive today by them.

Reactions: RS5 JON
We're famous for them. :frown:
JG
Drive me mad. What purpose do they serve except to pee you off? Love it up here we come couple of times a year. Only thing that spoils is the midges, oh and the rain.

Drive me mad. What purpose do they serve except to pee you off? Love it up here we come couple of times a year. Only thing that spoils is the midges, oh and the rain.

PSML, quite sure they're a tourist attraction, but I wish they could tell the ****** difference between us Scots and tourists, lol.

Anyway back to your car, what do you use to get rid of the dead midges splattered across your front bumper, lol.

JG

Reactions: Chop. and feva
PSML, quite sure they're a tourist attraction, but I wish they could tell the ****** difference between us Scots and tourists, lol.

Anyway back to your car, what do you use to get rid of the dead midges splattered across your front bumper, lol.

JG
Gave it a good coat of collinite wax before I left civilization. Hoping they will (in theory) good go with warm snow foam and a wash fall off. That's the plan anyway

Reactions: RS5 JON
Today's drive from loch carron to Applecross pure alpine road. Great drive

b9419acd2cfc2d9245f9ffcdd91e70c4.jpg

4d405d46b91277aae4cbd2a48b99ca76.jpg

And hardly any dead bugs on the car.

Reactions: RS5 JON, Chop. and James.B8
So back from visiting my mam near Skye.

Anyone who lives in the Highlands you are blessed with some amazing scenery and awesome driving roads. Anyone who hasn't been should definitely go.

So first job once back home clean inside and out.

Think the coat of collinite 845 wax has done it's job hardly any bugs stuck to the car
dba8ee2e8dca088e6ce9c6251ddf6471.jpg

Warm snow foam 10min dwell
3bbd8cf678703c4b3062d01c2d48b663.jpg

After rinse (does it even need a wash?)
631d8aca219cc6ddfe377e54193aa647.jpg

Can't not wash it
09ae7eb258dab93028018f7850abf5c9.jpg

50cdc9ef1ec7db8772310bbfc85a40a2.jpg

Job done.

Reactions: RS5 JON and Chop.
So the black and white look is complete. Aka the mint humbug

Finally got the rear badge changed

23cae648ee9c26c50480af2b8fa33706.jpg

Side shot again

bfc944c929d9fe35290b04bba0328e43.jpg

And front

1cf33932c3fda0c8e4870f33035e56ca.jpg

Very happy.

Front was a ****** to do and the rear (sticky) badge was the worst of the stuck on badges to remove.

Reactions: James.B8 and RS5 JON
Today's little job try to stop one of the annoying creaks I have from the seat belt fastener

09b019d080c991f6bd75853e79cc4f5d.jpg

Seems to of worked, so now I need to source some sticky black felt.

Next one creaking from front of gear stick gator leather
38c12437f977c95dd569fb6a462d5c75.jpg

Anyone got a link to a how to guide to remove the surround? Need to have a look under the leather.

Cheers @xpoweruk, gave it a really pull but wouldn't pop off. I'll have to try again later.

Today's little job remove the sticky pads

And used black felt and double sided tape to re-do

b2744b5c21375db5e53bec61f6e6116e.jpg

e5c3b95e1f425eca558d88cb793845b4.jpg

8f8093bc3f85bc24d06741e5ddc30998.jpg

Hopefully stop the creaking come from belt holder against seat base.

But fiddly to do but both sides done.

First day off of my week off so car wash time.

Usual routine but I've seen on YouTube water displacement sprays for help when drying the car, so thought "wax displaces water" so had a go with some spray quick wax. Seemed to make the water come off loads quicker and easier.

Need to try it a few more times to be 100% sure, anyone else used stuff for this?

First day off of my week off so car wash time.

Usual routine but I've seen on YouTube water displacement sprays for help when drying the car, so thought "wax displaces water" so had a go with some spray quick wax. Seemed to make the water come off loads quicker and easier.

Need to try it a few more times to be 100% sure, anyone else used stuff for this?

Hi Mark I m not sure if we talking about the same thing but for detailing I use Autoglym Quickwax and it s brilliant..smells amazing and you can aplly it on wet car and then just dry itvout using a microfiber towel ..what I do usually is taking another good quality cloth to buff it a bit,succes guaranteed.Hope it helps. Adi

Hi Mark I m not sure if we talking about the same thing but for detailing I use Autoglym Quickwax and it s brilliant..smells amazing and you can aplly it on wet car and then just dry itvout using a microfiber towel ..what I do usually is taking another good quality cloth to buff it a bit,succes guaranteed.Hope it helps. Adi
Adi understand the stuff your on about but was more trying it for quicker drying seemed to work.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN
If you want something awesome that gets rid of water when drying, try some Gyeon Wet Coat. Spray it on and jet wash off. Adds gloss and water just runs straight off.

Sure most have read it in this thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?threads/255055/

But had emissions update done. Can't tell any difference at the mo. Been driving for an hour or so mixed roads.

Got this free gift

eaabc80bdbc69e394a5742e6cb8ac931.jpg

They (audi) messed up me waiting with the car, so didn't do free health check or wash and vacuum it (which I told them no to touch it)
Loads of free coffee and treats

Now re-removed fuses for obd port.