Feva's A4 Black Edition

@feva, gonna be in your neck of the woods next month. We're taking the S4 up to the North York Moors and then across to the Dales. :)
Close to me @jdp1962 , great roads round there you'll enjoy it, hopefully the weather will be ok for you.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

@jdp1962 don't know of your familiar with the area of have been before? But Whitby is worth a visit crab fishing a brilliant laugh, needs to be at high water though, about £5 for the gear. White scar caves at Ingleton, to name a couple of places.

Hey, @feva, as it happens, I'm very familiar with the Dales and the Moors. My old fella was born in Dentdale, so I've spent all my life exploring the Dales. Then he and my Mam moved to the Moors so I got to know the whole area around Whitby, Pickering, Scarborough, Rosedale Abbey, the lot. Fish and chips don't get any better than Whitby.

Reactions: feva
Hey, @feva, as it happens, I'm very familiar with the Dales and the Moors. My old fella was born in Dentdale, so I've spent all my life exploring the Dales. Then he and my Mam moved to the Moors so I got to know the whole area around Whitby, Pickering, Scarborough, Rosedale Abbey, the lot. Fish and chips don't get any better than Whitby.
It is a must when at Whitby fish and chips, we use Mister Chips (no way associated with them) just lovely.

Hopefully going Mackerel fishing from Whitby in the week or so. Kids have asked and we've never been

Made a little sticker up at work "obd disabled" stuck it on the drivers window, but looked crap (sorry didn't take a pic) it was a white sticker with black lettering, going to see if I can sort a black sticker with white lettering.

Seriously looking at changing the cars badges to gloss black, so it's a white car and black badges (think it'll look very nice)

I know the rear badges and side sline badges are stuck on, but how does the front badge come off?
91945dc5a104ca67b5aac56e2f6b9125.jpg

Reactions: Chop. and James.B8
Seriously looking at changing the cars badges to gloss black, so it's a white car and black badges (think it'll look very nice)

I know the rear badges and side sline badges are stuck on, but how does the front badge come off?
91945dc5a104ca67b5aac56e2f6b9125.jpg

As in the rings? Mine had little clips on the back. Could be clipped out with a flat head screwdriver but they are fragile and I did mine when the grill was off and changing to the RS grill

As in the rings? Mine had little clips on the back. Could be clipped out with a flat head screwdriver but they are fragile and I did mine when the grill was off and changing to the RS grill
Cheers James. I'll have to have a look see if I can do it with grill in place.

Reactions: James.B8
Quick look, removed cowl cover off the top no way to remove rings without taking grill off. Time to weigh this up, can my dodgy lower back take bending over the car whilst I mess about taking it off? Backs already saying "what do you think your playing at?"

Reactions: Chop.
Had a read through this thread, mines slightly different but I get the idea. Behind my rings there is some sort of block (too dark to properly see) I'll take a photo in the daylight to hopefully show.

The thread you linked Brian shows taking the whole bumper off, dont fancy doing that, knowing my luck I'd break something or scratch it.

Edit:
82b7ff59b70c5bcff41499c7bd21bf15.jpg

b053526009eec8e5388fad90400432bc.jpg

Hopefully showing what I mean, I can see ring clip, but think there should be 10 clips.

Quick look, removed cowl cover off the top no way to remove rings without taking grill off. Time to weigh this up, can my dodgy lower back take bending over the car whilst I mess about taking it off? Backs already saying "what do you think your playing at?"

You could always mask off the surrounding area of the rings and give the rings a couple of coats of black plast-dip.
JG

I think the grill only came off because he was changing grill to a new one.
I'm sure people have taken them off without removing the entire grill?

Another option is buy an RS4 grill? Or don't you fancy that? They do look good on b8.5s IMO

I think the grill only came off because he was changing grill to a new one.
I'm sure people have taken them off without removing the entire grill?

Another option is buy an RS4 grill? Or don't you fancy that? They do look good on b8.5s IMO
Its not removing the grill that's got me slightly apprehensive James it's having to take the whole bumper off to get access to the rings from behind.
Need to have a good look and think about if it's doable without taking bumper off.

Reactions: James.B8
Well it's off

82211d7c9922f331caf4f4987e9d6903.jpg

Used these
fc0d4604892e1f368b7affc1b672e132.jpg

Started off at the bottom, got all them uncliped. Would of been loads easier if the tabs worked the other way as there is more room from the inside of the ring than the outside.

Got most of the way round before the badge kinked, so thought "stuff it it's coming off now"

Ordered gloss black front, rear and side badges.

Only the stuck on ones now to remove but will leave them till new ones turn up so I can mark where to place them

Take it hairdryer and dental floss is the way to start?

I'll remove the a4 and tdi badge while I wait for the new badges to turn up.

Last edited:
Yeh if your happy to break the front badge it comes of no problem just snap a bit at a time and push the clips through

Black rings will look spot on

I used a catty spreader to take my badges off came off no problem

Yeh if your happy to break the front badge it comes of no problem just snap a bit at a time and push the clips through

Black rings will look spot on

I used a catty spreader to take my badges off came off no problem
Cheers Chop I think they look spot on, they'll have to now

Tried another spreader but it snapped, such a crazy idea imo to have them in with so many tabs, I know it's probably to stop thieving toe rags nicking them but come on audi overkill. 2 tabs top and bottom and stuck on would be fine.
And as said if the tabs released by pressing them from inside the ring again would be easier, not from the outside as you lift it up the tab then gets tighter.

£35 the all the badges

One thing Iv seen people doing is putting the rear rings in the oven to get a better fit as it's not fitted on the flat

I didn't myself just layered the tape but might be worth asking around if you wanted to try it

One thing Iv seen people doing is putting the rear rings in the oven to get a better fit as it's not fitted on the flat

I didn't myself just layered the tape but might be worth asking around if you wanted to try it
I'll have a look once they turn up Chop, could always stick them on the radiator for a bit like I've done with rear spoilers before (mind you the heating not been on in ages)

Latest edition

e3003317c259e1a0f3015ab830615c92.jpg

Dog sick

Hopefully all gone

9f8276ab288a12870d17e2a672c7109a.jpg

What product did you use to get rid of the stain? Looks a clean job.

What product did you use to get rid of the stain? Looks a clean job.
Quick wipe over with damp clean cloth.
Then just a general car upholstery spray cleaner, wipe over with damp clean microfiber cloth then light scrub with one of these

88498666a3d2a621ac14a6e9fa60af8d.jpg

Wipe over again with damp microfiber cloth. Hopefully all gone need for it to dry to fully check.

Some of the rear badges removed.

Used a hairdryer and dental floss (as I didn't have any fishing line)

5702dbb70cba77abd21725e4c061924c.jpg

5d32178cbe52900b90ccb911e1cc68af.jpg

70b1577b533726c534c181cd11ea7bc2.jpg

Imo looks really good with them off. Waiting now for gloss black stuff to turn up.

looks good

i went badges on and off a few times before i was happy, the black rings will look good

Some of the rear badges removed.

Used a hairdryer and dental floss (as I didn't have any fishing line)

5702dbb70cba77abd21725e4c061924c.jpg

5d32178cbe52900b90ccb911e1cc68af.jpg

70b1577b533726c534c181cd11ea7bc2.jpg

Imo looks really good with them off. Waiting now for gloss black stuff to turn up.

Looking good! I personally prefer badges off on the rear other than rings for the clean look too. I was debating black rings but scared when I take the rings off it might mess my wrap up.

Looking good! I personally prefer badges off on the rear other than rings for the clean look too. I was debating black rings but scared when I take the rings off it might mess my wrap up.
Yeah James if mine was wrapped I wouldn't of touched them. Might be worth asking somewhere or the place that wrapped it?

Can you see how they are stuck on James
Good work with the Sick Mark, when I 1st took Stanley to meet our lasses boss he **** in the boot took me 2 hour to clean it, I then took him out the day after and he did it again so gave him the hard word and he been great scince

Yeah James if mine was wrapped I wouldn't of touched them. Might be worth asking somewhere or the place that wrapped it?

It was wrapped when I bought it so I don't know. Think I'll just keep the chrome rings to be honest

Can you see how they are stuck on James
No but think it's got some sort of rubbery glue behind it. Think it's safer to leave it. Got loads of black on my car as it is so leaving the rings won't hurt

So these turned up today.

dcbbf94e7e93a417d59c799ff246e812.jpg

Just waiting on front and rear badges now.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN, johnny_584 and James.B8
Well the wife has just messaged me this pic laughing as I'm stuck at work all day

2b659a818a877401b280194c9d2f62e4.jpg

Reactions: Dsport
Daim bars!!! Forget the rings!
Wish I did in the beginning
Went to fit front one (measured and ordered correct size) and this is what turns up.
aeed4e13881e893f291aed74f4a315f0.jpg

Seller is saying it is the correct size and I must be measuring it wrong.
Now mate its far too small, smaller than advertised!

Doesn't fit properly and is easy to pull off.

Feva maybe going back to silver front rings at this rate.

Spray your chrome ones Mark
Have a job Daz I broke it to get it off without taking the front bumper off.

Seller now wants me to pay to send it back and if different to others he'll send another set or refund. Not happy paying for postage after its not what was advertised.