Feva's A4 Black Edition

This is something for a moderator to rule on, and this particular moderator can be bribed.
Ok what colour do you like? I'll send you one.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962
Ok what colour do you like? I'll send you one.

One packet, one box or one factory full is that? ;)

I'll redeem myself back on car topic

Bought this today for applying wheel cleaner

aa924e750a8c527afbb9a6e42344cc3b.jpg

Got it from the pound shop, guess how much? Works a treat.

I've got a couple of them. Really handy for all sorts of things.

Reactions: feva

I guess £1

Reactions: James_TDi and feva
Nothing major but bought a touch up pen and another upholstery cleaning brush.

Having no luck with these car mats. The seller was supposed to send me a replacement rear drivers side mat and 2 clips for the front drivers mat.

They've sent me a full set out, which don't get me wrong is nice (fit perfect) anthracite colour looks better match to the car carpet (against first set the first ones look almost blackish) but the backing of the mats is just sponge no resin stuff that you normally get and what was one the first set. Concerned that when I get in the car with wet shoes the water is just going to soak straight through.

5ed5387d892920f8b17d269c6d11b197.jpg
colour

aa7fa74088e72b8193c01c312e416db0.jpg
sponge back

All sorted. Looked on website and foam backed are the next (better ones) up the range.

Messaged the company, they said they sent a full set out so there was no difference in colour match. There is waterproof membrane between carpet and foam to stop the water transferring.

So now I've got mats and mats at home.

Glad you got them sorted I managed to get a new OEM set of eBay for £40 when i got mine.

Not much to report. 20mins to spare before going to work so cleaned the (already pretty clean) interior with simonez foam dash cleaner (recommended by a detailer friend) good stuff worked in with a soft upholstery brush.

Mats are staying put very well, the rears (with no clips) haven't moved which with my eldest lad is amazing, normally they all scrumbled up.

Had a quick look at the strut brace been reading about the cr-15 extra braces people have been fitting. Are they worth it?
Coming from a bmw to the audi I did notice it was a bit twitchy in corners but put it down to the audi being a front wheel drive.
Anyone know where to buy the kit from?

never noticed any twitchiness in mine tbh mark, unless you have really booted it head in round a corner and the back decides to try step out a bit, and the car gets confused with what its doing. only time ive managed it was the other day. Infact, its only the second time ive managed to get the back to step out a bit (first time was quite a bit :) but never properly managed since). Even lift off oversteer, accelerating midway through a corner by turning in sharper and it just sticks. VERY VERY VERY impressed with the quattro system on the B8 like.

never noticed any twitchiness in mine tbh mark, unless you have really booted it head in round a corner and the back decides to try step out a bit, and the car gets confused with what its doing. only time ive managed it was the other day. Infact, its only the second time ive managed to get the back to step out a bit (first time was quite a bit :) but never properly managed since). Even lift off oversteer, accelerating midway through a corner by turning in sharper and it just sticks. VERY VERY VERY impressed with the quattro system on the B8 like.
Might just be me Chris coming from bmws for years. Read about them on here and it's a length of square tubing that goes over the L shaped brace at the mo.

Might just be me Chris coming from bmws for years. Read about them on here and it's a length of square tubing that goes over the L shaped brace at the mo.

He stated his was a quattro so he's not going to notice it, mine feels twitchy booting it through the a roads but only a bit and on sharp corners.
Never heard of it and I probably wouldn't fit it as I like to feel a bit of twitching from the car otherwise it feels boring!

He stated his was a quattro so he's not going to notice it, mine feels twitchy booting it through the a roads but only a bit and on sharp corners.
Never heard of it and I probably wouldn't fit it as I like to feel a bit of twitching from the car otherwise it feels boring!
I know Chris90 has a Quattro nearly bought it myself

Just read about them wondering anyone had fitted it?
Obviously coming from a bmw rear wheel drive which car this is my first front wheel drive car in ages might just leave it.

Apparently stiffens the front end up.

Got any pictures or a link to the brace Mark?

Only time mine ever bugs me is when the steering decides toget over twitchy in different road gradients or dips in the road/crossing white line etc. That bit where the steering kind of pulls you over a bit....always seems to feel like when you counter it, the Electronic PAS makes it a bit over sensitive

Got any pictures or a link to the brace Mark?

Only time mine ever bugs me is when the steering decides toget over twitchy in different road gradients or dips in the road/crossing white line etc. That bit where the steering kind of pulls you over a bit....always seems to feel like when you counter it, the Electronic PAS makes it a bit over sensitive
First seen it mentioned in Karl's thread in here

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?posts/2716681

Read the external link and thought it sounded a pretty good idea.

I bough one of these guns Mark, I bought one and think it's a bit powerful as this is how my bodywork ended up

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Bulldog, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Cars in for a service today, it's not due but wanted it doing so I know I'm starting fresh. Use a garage I've been using for years top place always go that little bit extra. Told them I want everything doing so I know it's done.

Am I the only one who cleans his car before it goes in?

Watching it drive off

Nope I always take mine in spotless too but don't apply any dressing on the tyres so my mechanic doesn't get my wheels dirty if he need to take them off :nomouth:

Nope I always take mine in spotless too but don't apply any dressing on the tyres so my mechanic doesn't get my wheels dirty if he need to take them off :nomouth:
Glad it's not just me Bulldog

Cars in for a service today, it's not due but wanted it doing so I know I'm starting fresh. Use a garage I've been using for years top place always go that little bit extra. Told them I want everything doing so I know it's done.

Guess you are not having the 'emission software fix' done with the service today?

Or have you had this done already?

Guess you are not having the 'emission software fix' done with the service today?

Or have you had this done already?
It's a no in the emissions update heard too many stories off people on here saying it's changed the car for the worst after being done.

Wasn't done at the dealers but an indy garage. Have had services done at dealers before and they do as little as possible. This place I use check everything and I mean everything, grease all door hinges latches etc. Which is something I never had at any other garage.
I was recommended this place by a good friend and have since recommended loads to them.

Cars just back now clean bill of health no issues at all (which I wasn't expecting any) all commented on how nice it looks and drives.

Oh one small thing tiny bit of bird poop on the passenger door

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1962, Bulldog and Dsport
Is it just me or after a service does your car fly?

Loved driving today aircon on nearly full.

And removed fuses for obd port, going to have a small sticker made "obd disabled" put it on the drivers window.
We have one of them label making machines at work but I'm off for 2 weeks so I'll have butchers once back see if it looks? If not I'll sort something.

It's a no in the emissions update heard too many stories off people on here saying it's changed the car for the worst after being done.

Wasn't done at the dealers but an indy garage. Have had services done at dealers before and they do as little as possible. This place I use check everything and I mean everything, grease all door hinges latches etc. Which is something I never had at any other garage.
I was recommended this place by a good friend and have since recommended loads to them.

Cars just back now clean bill of health no issues at all (which I wasn't expecting any) all commented on how nice it looks and drives.

Oh one small thing tiny bit of bird poop on the passenger door

Cant beat a good indie.

Cant beat a good indie.

I have got 1 years warranty left on my A4 and don't really want to take it to Audi for it's next service. (because of the emission update)
Do indie garages update the service/oil car computer display okay?
The Audi Service log history (book) is now online for Audi.
Do indie garages have access this to update?
Thanks.

I have got 1 years warranty left on my A4 and don't really want to take it to Audi for it's next service. (because of the emission update)
Do indie garages update the service/oil car computer display okay?
The Audi Service log history (book) is now online for Audi.
Do indie garages have access this to update?
Thanks.
My indy has cleared all dash indicators, I get their version of a service booklet, which has a full breakdown of work carried out etc.. They are going to sign up to online service database. But as far as I'm concerned if my car has full invoices at time of sale (which will be years away) that's good enough for me.

At Whitby today in my car and spotted this beauty

1b000e1710321829df9718eb4902ff4d.jpg

2L petrol immaculate condition

I know slightly off topic but I was out in the audi

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Dsport, Bulldog and 2 others
At Whitby today in my car and spotted this beauty

1b000e1710321829df9718eb4902ff4d.jpg

2L petrol immaculate condition

I know slightly off topic but I was out in the audi

That's a dead ringer for the car one of our neighbours had when I was growing up. I used to wash it for him for 50p a time.

Reactions: Dado and feva
That's a dead ringer for the car one of our neighbours had when I was growing up. I used to wash it for him for 50p a time.
The wife wasn't impressed with it, I'm like women no taste.

That looks mint Mark you can't beat a classic ford

Had the family away to bath, visited cheddar gorge, longleat and wooky hole. Had a brilliant time car never missed a beat lovely to drive.

Absolutely filthy now, getting the full treatment today.
Had it out this morning noticed a big dirty stone chip on my side. Gutted

Reactions: James.B8
Had the family away to bath, visited cheddar gorge, longleat and wooky hole. Had a brilliant time car never missed a beat lovely to drive.

Absolutely filthy now, getting the full treatment today.
Had it out this morning noticed a big dirty stone chip on my side. Gutted

That's down my way. Got some nice roads around cheddar near the gorge. That's the trouble with the roads around here they're covered in mud and gravel with all the farm vehicles. Shame about the stone chip! Mines picked up a few recently

That's down my way. Got some nice roads around cheddar near the gorge. That's the trouble with the roads around here they're covered in mud and gravel with all the farm vehicles. Shame about the stone chip! Mines picked up a few recently
Beautiful part of the country.

Going to get it looked at next Tuesday see what my MOT garage say, and take it from there.

Reactions: James.B8
Before approximately 1/2 ton of dead flies

05c257d9f9d127a59b284e77dbe83ded.jpg

cdcaac2f365663f235f0979c59d24dbc.jpg

4979dc9fa7f35c8a5a036b1c26660876.jpg

10mins dwell

1297117d6895ea1614264591bea6ab98.jpg

c85aeff9d70ea427f5c70f1d1c437531.jpg

After

3bd22c14ff82b152c3c9f28ade38be4f.jpg

ef1e9e36476aa82c5e002154fe536ae8.jpg

Inside

c8436418c6164bf83a70ff5ac5b9aded.jpg

Approx 1bag of crisps hoovered out

496e3a79274fa64499220f14de0772f1.jpg

Dreaded stone chip

86e4ba7079fb08d5b4d3e8b1ed753772.jpg

2dc689a8ec971c01d3ebcf5357f097d4.jpg

Nice to see Knaresborough welcoming me today

e1a3ac84b0676c949aab607ffada9680.jpg

@feva, gonna be in your neck of the woods next month. We're taking the S4 up to the North York Moors and then across to the Dales. :)