1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ferrodo ds2500 front pads

Quattro Singh Mar 21, 2014

1. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh Member

hi guys

i just want to confirm what the part number is of the ferrodo DS2500 front brake pads for my audi 2002 s3 8l is before i click buy, is it FCP590H?

Thanks in advance

Hardeep.

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

According to google, I would say it's the correct part. Actually, this pad is used for most of the 8L range that's not a 1.6 or the lowest powered TDi's, as they all use the same brake caliper!

3. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh Member

ok i've fitted these now but as many on here must know they dont come with sensors, so now i get that annoying brake warning on the dash, what is the work around for this?

i was thinking i could just cut the sensor from the old pads and connect the plug back and join the wires together? will this work or will it short out?

Thanks,

Hardeep.

4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

exactly that mate!

use the old pad wiring plug, join the ends, plug it in, and forget them :)

5. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh Member

hello Prawn!

we met at bedford a couple weeks ago i'm one of gurd's mates, i owned the black S3.

Hope you and the car are well

6. JimS3

JimS3 Active Member

Or you can turn the pad warning system off with Vag-Com

7. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

I saw yours,how did it go ? Why did you let your front tyres down ?

8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Because the pressure go up as you generate heat out on track?

9. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

No s**t Sherlock
    It was after a stint

10. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

I wondered if you might be the same Hardeep with an S3 that I met at Bedford!

Nice to see you on here mate :)

:racer:

11. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

Where are you getting the pads from? All I can see is them going up in price each time I look!

12. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh Member

jim S3 - i knew that was an option but i would have had to research how to go about it the manual way i know how to do lol - all done just now and no brake warning light :)

voorhees - i didnt let the fronts down i let them all down for better handling

prawn - cheers buddy, yours was somthing else on track, mine is overweight and understeers like hell lol still it hasn't had a lot done to it but had fun and no issues except for a jubliee clip breaking so the top boost hose came off which was replaced with a spare from gurds mate Ram.

vex182 - i got them from ebay from JJC for £157 including p&p not sure if thats the cheapest but was the cheapest i could find