1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feel's slow.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by millsyd, Oct 15, 2006.

1. millsyd

millsyd Member

[Oct 15, 2006]
    my s3 has been chipped, it used to feel quick but now it doesnt i mean itsnot where i got used to it it feels and is nt as quick up against over car like bmw 330i, ive had a quick look at the hose,s and everythink looks ok no splits or any thing, the only problem is i have dirt/oil build up around the dump valve the two hoses that are the same size.
    has any one got any idea?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Oct 15, 2006]
    I'd replace the dump valve (if standard and service if not) and if you can get the MAF sensor checked using VAG Com or just replace it anyway if it's old and see if that helps.

If there is a lot of oil in the pipes going to / from the DV that could indicate a serious problem with the engine / turbo, as long as it's not much though I wouldn't worry.
  4. KEF A3 20V T

KEF A3 20V T Turbo's Rule

[Oct 15, 2006]
    have you taken the pipes off the dv and checked if there is oil in the pipes? it could possibly be the oil seals and bearings in the turbo are shagged
  5. millsyd

millsyd Member

[Oct 15, 2006]
    no nt yet that my next job if it is alot off oil i take it that it means a new turbo doesnt it? any idea on cost? .
  6. KEF A3 20V T

[Oct 15, 2006]
    yea dunno how much a new turbo is but there are refurb kits on ebay.com there bout 100 quid
  7. millsyd

millsyd Member

[Oct 15, 2006]
    how much are vag com kits? im going to phone audi 2m about a new maf sensor.
  8. KEF A3 20V T

[Oct 15, 2006]
    Vagcom?? you need a lead for your usb to obd part on the car then you can get sharewear vagcom from www.ross-tech.com or there is a regestered version which you have to pay for!!
  9. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Oct 15, 2006]
    The MAF is around £80 from Audi on an exhance basis from memory, for VAG Com I'd get the cable off ebay and have a play with the free software to start with.

The oil may not be from the Turbo, so before you start spending money if there is excessive oil present make sure you find the correct cause, I think a little oil is always to be expected in the whole of loop from the turbo back to the intake to be honest.
  10. KEF A3 20V T

[Oct 15, 2006]
    you can get mafs off ebay 4 £40. oil in your air system is bad even a little imo i test truck engines and seen them start running off ther own oil when the turbo oil seal breaks and its not gud