Feeling sad...

Dippy

Reaction score
My S5 is now about 5 months old but still new to me. When I saw the first chip on the front bumper I was upset, but at least it was only the bumper. Yesterday I found the second stone chip, but again still on the bumper. But then I checked further and...found one on the front of the bonnet! That is so much worse for me. I could tolerate chips on the bumper, but not my beautiful up-until-then flawless bonnet. :(

I'll get over it. All three chips are tiny but I could probably see them from the ISS!

Feel your pain
It is when you get screen stone rash when it's bad.
Like mine! :worked till 5am:
I talked to a detailer, and it is common on A5's as there low and slab fronted, they take a lot of stone abuse.
I know how you feel, but don't let it get you down.

I know how you feel, my bumper is covered and have one on my drivers side rear quarter starting to make me to get it all resprayed

its so gutting when it happens isn't it.

Been there too I'm afraid so feel your pain.

My S5 is now about 5 months old but still new to me. When I saw the first chip on the front bumper I was upset, but at least it was only the bumper. Yesterday I found the second stone chip, but again still on the bumper. But then I checked further and...found one on the front of the bonnet! That is so much worse for me. I could tolerate chips on the bumper, but not my beautiful up-until-then flawless bonnet. :(

I'll get over it. All three chips are tiny but I could probably see them from the ISS!

So S5's are more susceptible to chip damage are they? Would taking it down to a detailer after 12-18 months be worth it? This is kinda what I was thinking of doing just so they could give the paint job a general refresh.

I've only just got my S5 and having read this I'm now super paranoid the minute I start hearing stones clinking around my car :frown:

Thanks @Shadow110 but that would be a case of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted wouldn't it! I did think about getting some clear plastic protection on the front but I saw a few examples and wasn't keen.

@Niall_s5, no I don't think S5s are any more susceptible than any other car although I do read comments from people that these days the paint is softer because of EU rules about what chemicals can be in it.

I shall indeed get my car re-detailed regularly. It has a Gtechniq protection on it (which is great) which will need to be redone in 18 months or so (I do low mileage). I'll review the state of the chips then and see if I can get an expert to remove them prior to the new coat.