1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FEELING QUITE CHUFFED TODAY :)

marnie2k Nov 18, 2010

1. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

Well i have finally had it done. i know most of you guys have got rns's and are used to them but i have now finally had mine done today and i am really chuffed :D my dad played a big part in it though hehe here are some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just to add a few pics of my car aswell (it is dirty and will be waxed up at the weekend :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

Nice one mate, I'm just as chuffed with mine only did it about 2months ago

ps Bluetooth is great on them if your thinking about it

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. Jonay

Jonay Member

those lights are seriously blue :O they legal? :|

but nice work on the RNSE.. I'm struggling with what I'd rather.. interior or exterior work first!? RNSE will be on top of the list!

4. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

yeah im defo getting the bluetooth upgrade soon aswell as the cd changer/glove box as i dont wanna keep changing the sat nav cd for music cd hehe :) yeah they are legal so long as they arnt over 8000k :)

5. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

SD cards?

6. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

sd cards? i noticed some card slots but i dont know what they are for or what they do?

7. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

You fill a couple of SD cards with music and then hey presto 4GB of built in music which can be navigated through the RNS-E

8. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

Nice car and a much improved interior now with the ever so popular RNS-E! Glad your happy with the upgrade results.

9. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

As said, the slots are for SD cards. They aren't compatible with SDHC cards though so make sure you dont buy them as they are more popular nowadays than the older SD ones. IIRC you can store up to 501 items on each card (folders & mp3's both count as item)

10. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

so how do i put songs on the SD cards and can someone please link me up to some on ebay or something ( the rights SD cards ) so i can buy them please? thanks guys :) yeah im well loving the RNS drove home today with the NAV on it was well good :)

11. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

12. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Well done Marnie, good work, dash is next level now

13. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Looking good, wanted to do this to mine for ages but cant justify the cost

What sort of headlights are they? They look very blue!

14. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

thanks N8 :)
    they are just HID kits that i got they are very good actually just cheaper xenons :) but with a3's you need to get a resistor pack for it to work with the bulb warning system :)

15. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

cars lookin well man. I'm hoping to get rns-e into mine as soon as the funds arise. will the track names etc be displayed if your using an ipod with it? smoothie any idea if the bluetooth and ipod setup i have with the audi concert (double din) could be used with rns-e or will i need adaptors etc?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  16. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Looks great, much nicer interior! Nice looking car

17. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

not unless you get the mk2 MY10 RNS-E and AMI

18. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

No bloody worries lad

19. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

the only thing i really now need to know now is that when i get my new cd changer and glovebox and the loom for it do i need to have it coded to the car/rns or is it just plug and play? i plugged all my stuff in yesteday for my rns and didnt need to code it :) woooo hooo

20. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

It'll need coding at some point. Some ppl have left it and the more you use it the more you'll get little errors. Just do it properly and get it coded

21. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

i will i will get it sorted today. the air bag has come on when i taken it all apart and drove it away for the night so i will get them done at the same time :)