Feeling dumb for asking but...

martin_addlestone

Reaction score
How do I know if my TDi is the PD engine / what BHP - the chap who sold me it said it's a 115 bhp, which would make it a PD, right? but Wiki says the 115's came out in 2000 and mine is a 1999 :-(

Is there a code I can look for to tell?

Cheers

There should be sticker in your service book listing all the codes, the same sticker can be found in the spare wheel well. You can look up the codes on the Internet to see what your car has.

Kite - thanks so much - that sticker is like the bible of all thinks my car, pain codes, interior codes everything!

I know know I have a 115bhp, AJM engine, just wanting to confirm thats the PD engine now.

Thanks again - really helpful

Just found it - feel so daft! it is a PD engine (but of course you all knew that) so now to look at chips / remaps....

dude, no question is dumb if you dont know the answer to it. Their all friendly here :D

Quality tuning boxes that plug into the injector wiring loom or generic remaps are the way to go with the pd engine, however the turbocharger is the bottleneck and won't flow more than 150Bhp. I would upgrade the turbo to the pd130 one from a b5 passat or audi a4 and also the intake manifold + boost pipes. The engine will breathe better and with a good map will deliver 150-170 Bhp and enough torque to upset the clutch ! The pd115 is different to the AWX/AVF 130 pd tdi engines, the later have a stronger bottom end.

I think for a first step to go from 115 to a more drivable 140 - 150 with a tuning box sounds like a winner - not sure my wife needs bigger turbos etc (but then you never know). Me on the other hand once I buy my A3 diesel will definitely be looking for the 170+ area :)

Any tuning box is a bodge, just reflash the damn ECU.

Unicorn sorted out my mates PD Bora, so i'd give them a shout.

Cheers Aragon - I will have a look into that.

2 totally unrelated things, your link for B5 parts for sale - shows nothing for sale, is there more to come? and how do you get those cool MPG meters at the bottom?

Thanks