1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback - Front and rear ARB upgrades after FSD's

spiker Mar 17, 2008

1. spiker

spiker usually growling at something

Hi All

For those of you who have been following my posts I have the FSD's and have been reasonably happy with them but hate the bounce at speed - great round town just a nightmare on the motorway.

I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the front and rear ARB to Neuspeed 22 / 19 ( thanks for the advice Ess-three) and also some neuspeed adjustable tie bars at the rear. A set of Pirelli rosso's finished the job at Awesome on Saturday.

Incidentally Awesome did a great job - thanks to Sarah Mark and Dean especially great to meet you

Anyway to the point of my post - I am still awestruck by the change in handling -I cannot still believe the improvement those ARB's have made. Not only do I have less body roll but the bounce has been pretty much disappeared. The tie bars have sorted the rear camber and the car tracks straight - handles like its on rails and feels tight - its like a totally different car. Cornering is more precise and confident and I am able to approach a higher speed with total confidence in all driving.

If I had known the improvement this would make to the car I would have had this done long ago and I would strongly recommend this upgrade to anyway who feels they are suffering similar symptoms to the ones I had. I was concerned that the car would feel too rigid - but not at all and I no longer seem preoccupied with avoiding dips or holes in the road - the FSD's and the ARB's handle it brilliantly. I still think perhaps I should have gone with the Bilstens but hey - you make your choice but with the upgrades it has all fallen into place.

For those interested the price was about £550+ vat for the front and rear ARBs and tie bars + about 4 hours labour and about £600 for the tyres + geometry and replacement

The 18" rs4's seem great with this setup

Ok so now onto the brakes - thats it for now

2. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

550 for arb's plus tie bars is cheap, are they forge tie bars,

3. spiker

Neuspeed

Awesome did me a deal - should have been more like £700 but they were correcting an earlier sales issue.

4. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

but they have stop producing FSD`s now for the S3 ????

glad to hear you like the set up now, I was going to do simular but still havn`t done owt yet :( time and money seem to go on my daughter now adays :)

5. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

spiker,
    Glad things worked out well...

Further playing with the tyre pressures, suspension settings and your driving style should give you no understeer and a very, very capable car!

Enjoy it...the more you drive it, the better it'll become.

6. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

not to sound too thick but FSD's?? :think:

7. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

koni shock absorbers

8. Aky

Aky Aky

Another one with the same setup as me. Glad you're happy, I personally think the S3 should have come out of the factory like this. I haven't needed tie bars and the rear tyres are wearing evenly!

9. spiker

Aky

Didnt realise you had this setup ! - You could have told me it was a good idea ;)

How comes you dont need the tie bars ? - mine was about 2 degrees out with those wheels

I think we've had this conversation before perhaps

10. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

I think you have and didn`t koni alter where the spring support was on the shocker as it was too high ????

ive read so much my head hurts :(

11. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

Hello Spiker
    Was good to meet you eventually
    Glad you like the car , I must admit the handling differences are immense with the ARB`s even my little Skoda is a dream to drive with them on
    But you always think about what next...
    For me wishbone bushes , then brakes and exhaust....
    never ending
    You did seem to have had an exciting day , and your Mrs too bless , it was a pleasure to meet another female enthusiast
    Sarah

12. spiker

;)