1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feck - needs 4 new tyres - Audi want 150 each!

noodle Apr 6, 2005

1. noodle

noodle Member

Quick recommendations needed!!

Cheers
    N

2. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

3. leespears1

leespears1 Member

find a local tyre shop. i got two for my old Quattro for £100.00. Takes a few days to order them but its better than paying £600.00 !!!

4. bampy

bampy Member

I found all the favourite tyres sites listed on here very expensive when I replaced my tyres recently, I found the best way is to just trawl through Yellow Pages.

I bought Pilot Sports and save over £70 a tyre over the 3 sites listed

5. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I got goodyear GSD3 F1's for my S3 for £88 a corner and that was the best price I could find pretty much anywhere and local. Bracknell Tyre and Battery... depends where you are though.

I know of lots of people that have bought of mytyres then had quick fit fit them... but I'll never be going in one of them again after having to pay £140 for one pirelli when I had a puncture!

6. bioharry

bioharry Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I got goodyear GSD3 F1's for my S3 for £88 a corner and that was the best price I could find pretty much anywhere and local. Bracknell Tyre and Battery... depends where you are though.

I know of lots of people that have bought of mytyres then had quick fit fit them... but I'll never be going in one of them again after having to pay £140 for one pirelli when I had a puncture!

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW I thought I got a really good deal when i negotiated £103 a corner for F1's!

As said above ring around your local places and ask them to beat each other, thats what i did and dont feel cheeky asking.

7. hopper

hopper Member

you could always just add a bit more and get some new wheels, stick ur old 1's on ebay and youll be sorted

8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Why would you even ask Audi about tyres?
    I wonder how much Audi charge for a tank of Optimax?

9. HTC

HTC Active Member

Last time I got tyres I got 4 toyo proxies for £230 inc delivery!

I used mytyres.

10. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

Went to Bracknell Tyre and Battery, got 4 x Dunlop Sport 9000 at £360 inc VAT and fitting. Quite chuffed, however I did have to wait for over an hour as there was quite a queue. They have RE050, F1GDS3 & T1-R at the same price, wanted the RE050 but they didn't have stock.