Favour

smudger69

Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of their rear brake disc so I can relate it to mine, if poss one where a good few thousand miles have been done. I have spoke to Audi CS today and a tech and they say its normal just need too see if others are the same.

Cheers in advance for any help.

I don't have time to post a pic mate but mine has 3500 miles on and I have no lip on any of four discs , not front or back .

Sean

I don't have time to post a pic mate but mine has 3500 miles on and I have no lip on any of four discs , not front or back .

Sean
Cheers its not a lip as such it's an inch of rust all the way round the rear disc as the pad doesn't touch that part of the disc so Audi say.

6000 miles, 6 months, no rust on disks or hubs. Will take a photo at the weekend if no one else beats me to it.

It might be easier if you post a pic of yours and then we can advise whether it's normal.

My rear discs seem to be wearing the same as any of the other cars I've owned. The pad is making contact with the whole face of the disc. It's currently on 7000 miles.

Just out of curiosity, have you used an acidic wheel cleaner on the car?

It might be easier if you post a pic of yours and then we can advise whether it's normal.

My rear discs seem to be wearing the same as any of the other cars I've owned. The pad is making contact with the whole face of the disc. It's currently on 7000 miles.

Just out of curiosity, have you used an acidic wheel cleaner on the car?
Hi a pic is posted on my other thread, no I don't use acidic wheal cleaner.

My cars done just shy of 12k and all my discs seem to be rusty!