Faulty Dis after replacing

James 33

Reaction score
Hi my Dis has had missing pixles since i got the car. My mate is good wth a soldering iron sotoday he replaced the screen for me. The soldering looks ok but when we pluged the clocks back in the screen is now all lit up in red with no information. The top part lights up yellow as if its displaying the OK but again its all lit up.
Has anyone else seen this or know if its down to a faulty screen or a mistake when soldering?

When I did mine I used a lot fo flux and when done I tested every connection for continuity with the pad on the circuit board and each adjacent pad, first to make sure I had a connection then to make sure I didnt have a connection between 2 pads. I found 4 joints not made well enough and one bridge and I'm very experienced at using a soldering iron on surface mount stuff.

Thanks will check the continuity. Do you go from the under side of the pcb with one probe then the soldered joint on top with the other? I also emailed the seller i brought the screen from as it has a years warranty and they said its rare but every now and then you get a dud so they are sending a replacement anyway.