1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty coil?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by yorkster001, Apr 18, 2013.

1. yorkster001

yorkster001 Member

[Apr 18, 2013]
    I've just dropped of my treasured possession (07 2.0T) at the local Audi stealer. The car started intermittently running rough yesterday. It started with a vibration on tick over and a 'boomy' exhaust note. After a long trip yesterday I had the pipe checked and no issues there. The mechanic reported a misfire and suggested taking it to the local stealer. Additional symptoms include poor fuel economy (worse than usual anyway) and lack of performance. When the turbo kicks in around 2k there appears to be a delay which sounds like the clutch slipping. My initial thought was a faulty coil pack and having read up on here it doesn't appear to be uncommon. I asked the garage about the coil pack recall and they pleaded ignorance. Maybe because its a workshop enhancement, not a recall as such? My question is if they do replace the coil packs should I be liable for the £75 diagnostic charge they are screwing me for? Any thoughts/experiences would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Apr 18, 2013]
    im sure 07 wasnt in the recall
    you would beable to tell it a coilpack had gone
    it would miss and light flash on dash
  4. yorkster001

yorkster001 Member

[Apr 18, 2013]