1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty ABS wiring loom

vangoo Jan 16, 2014

1. vangoo

vangoo four wheels on the ground

Hi all had my car in to Glasgow Audi on monday to replace break pads as the warning light came on about a month ago

They had the car for about half an hour and came back to say the pads were fine and the problem was a faulty ABS wiring loom

Just wondering if any one has heard or experienced this problem. Just before i go and spend the £170 they quoted me

Cheers Gary.

2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

mostly likely the wires are damaged going to the brake pad sensor, it's a common fault and a simple enough DIY job if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. You could either repair the broken wire, or buy a new harness. I would think the harness is around £60 as I sure they will have an hours labor rate for the repair.

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Depends where you repair it, audi do a **** job sometimes, ask Marcrostheblack user on here, I repaired his, that was passenger front, it took couple of hours as its right down in below battery, because doing a repair in the arch liner is just asking for water ingress, so I did in the bay, its limited space & bit fiddly, but been fine ever since, the audi repair just was terrible.

4. vangoo

vangoo four wheels on the ground

Cheers guy will maybe get a chance to have a look this weekend