1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fault code

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by tp7n, Dec 15, 2003.

1. tp7n

tp7n New Member

i have found a fault code relating to the dump valve while checking with my vag com gear.
    i have 2years warranty remaining on my car and would like to have it looked at by my local dealer (whites camberley)
    is it advisable to tell them i found this fault with vag com or will it invalidate my warranty with them knowing i have been buggering about with non approved software.

up till now all i have changed is the full closure on locking, would it be advisable to revert that back to factory settings.

tnx
  2. Drill

Drill Member

Not sure about the locks dude, but as for the DV code. Have you tried clearing it, and then running the car to see if it pops back up? I had a coilpack go a while back, took it in to Audi to have everything fixed, but then a buddy checked for faults at a meet and found a DV and Cat fault codes. Turns out, Audi never cleared them after sorting the Coilpack. We cleared the codes, drove a good couple hundred km's, re-checked, and no more faults /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So I guess it would've been easier to ask if you were sure it's not an old code /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    but then a buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

You have buddies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  4. Drill

Drill Member

Apparently not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif