Fault code 17963

millsy75

Reaction score
Evening all, I recently went hybrid BBT with all the trimmings and have had this fault code throw up on the liquid and a loss of power when it happens almost like boost loss. It has happened twice in about 2 months and each time when I clear the code the car drives like a dream again and goes like a rocket.

Has anyone had this fault code recently and how did you sort it?

17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded

Ta

Just trying to rule out a dodgy map!

Would be worth doing some logs to see if you have a boost spike at all... Suppose a dodgy n75 could also be causing over boost

Also I've heard some of dans actuators are a little stronger than than quoted, which could make it difficult for the ECU to control boost

Thanks for making the effort to post vagslag :) I don't have the required knowledge to do logs unfortunately. I think if I remember rightly when I mentioned it to Rick he said it needed to happen more frequently for him to see what the problem was which makes sense to me as I say in 2 months it has only happened on 2 occasions so Rick could be driving my car for days and no faults show up, both of us can't afford to waste that sort of time/money.

How do I rule out the N75? Just replace it? Is the N249 bypass worth trying? The car seemed to produce the normal figures for this set-up 336hp

This fault code pops up when actual boost exceeds requested boost by at least 200mbar for an amount of time... this can be caused by a dodgy N75 valve, a lazy actuator or leaking N75 pipework...

Logging blocks 115 and 118 would be a useful start to see what boost and N75 is up too

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the replies, I will check the pipework around the N75 on my day off. If I were to replace the N75 would you buy the N75 or N75J?

Thanks