Fault code: 16395

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning the old girl conked out on me this morning (second time this week).

Pulling up to a junction, slow down, depress clutch, car dies, car turns but won't start, try it a few times still no joy, leave it a min (while the people behind me overtake and look at me in the angry 'what the f**K are you doing sitting there' look) and then try again and she fires up like nothing has happened.

Anyway have scanned it on VagCom and get the following:

Address 01: Engine
Controller: 8N0 906 018 BH
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0001
Coding: 10710
Shop #: WSC 13365
WAU
CHEERSFINEESE
1 Fault Found:
16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): ****** Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

Digging around Ross tech I get the explanation:

16395/P0011/000017 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): ****** Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)

Possible Symptoms

• Power Loss
Possible Causes

• Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205) faulty
  • Fuel Pump Relay (J17) faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205)
  • Check Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
Question I have is where is the Fuel Pump relay located? Recently had the Fuel pump replaced - would the relay been replaced at the same time.

Also does anyone know how easy it is to change the N205 valve? - I have had a look around and searched but can find very little on the valve?

I have looked at various posts and some people have an issue with the Engine Speed Sensor - though no specific error code has come up relating to this shallI change it anyway - or not bother?

Or shall I book here into the garage and get her looked at.

Last edited:
Hi guys sorry to bring this back from the dead but. just scanned my car and im getting the same thing.

can anyone help