1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fault code: 16395

jesters3 Jun 30, 2010

1. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

Morning the old girl conked out on me this morning (second time this week).

Pulling up to a junction, slow down, depress clutch, car dies, car turns but won't start, try it a few times still no joy, leave it a min (while the people behind me overtake and look at me in the angry 'what the f**K are you doing sitting there' look) and then try again and she fires up like nothing has happened.

Anyway have scanned it on VagCom and get the following:

Address 01: Engine
    Controller: 8N0 906 018 BH
    Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0001
    Coding: 10710
    Shop #: WSC 13365
    WAU
    CHEERSFINEESE
    1 Fault Found:
    16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
    P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    Readiness: 0000 0000

Digging around Ross tech I get the explanation:

16395/P0011/000017 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)

Possible Symptoms

• Power Loss
    Possible Causes

• Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205) faulty
    • Fuel Pump Relay (J17) faulty
    Possible Solutions

• Check Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205)
    • Check Fuel Pump Relay (J17)
    Question I have is where is the Fuel Pump relay located? Recently had the Fuel pump replaced - would the relay been replaced at the same time.

Also does anyone know how easy it is to change the N205 valve? - I have had a look around and searched but can find very little on the valve?

I have looked at various posts and some people have an issue with the Engine Speed Sensor - though no specific error code has come up relating to this shallI change it anyway - or not bother?

Or shall I book here into the garage and get her looked at.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. S3 TAM

S3 TAM Pocket now empty

Hi guys sorry to bring this back from the dead but. just scanned my car and im getting the same thing.

can anyone help