1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fault code 0287 008 / 012 ABS sensors- any ideas?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Prawn, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

So, chaps.

I've had the TC and ABS lights pop up on my new facelift A3 (AUM engine) last night, much to my annoyance.

I scanned it in VAGCOM, to initially find this:

00287 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Right (G44): 012: Electrical Fault in Circuit

I reset the fault in vagcom, and the lights went away, then, this morning, driving to work, the lights came back up

00287 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Right (G44): 008: Implausible Signal

AND
    00287 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Right (G44): 012: Electrical Fault in Circuit

The Implausible signal would just lead me to think it's a dodgy wheel speed sensor, but the 012: Electrical fault in circuit is not one I've seen before.....

Is this likely to just be a sensor at fault still? Or potentially something more sinister?

Have people had much success with GSF wheel speed sensors? I've used them with mixed results on my last car, but they are 1/3rd the price of Audi ones....

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

I'd be tempted to change the sensor just to rule it out, i had the same lights come on before i had access to vag com and thought about changing all 4 sensors, once i had vagcom and scanned it i found out it was the longitudinal sensor and audi want about £100 for it, f**k that!

4. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

id put money on wheel speed sensor :icon_thumright:

5. Imteyaz

Imteyaz 6th Gear

A friend of mine had the ABS ring completely caked in brake dust, blocking most of the cutouts, we just cleaned it all up, blasted it with compressed air and he's had no fault codes since. Worthwhile checking it out before paying for parts that you may not need.

6. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

New sensor in and the lights have gone :) although the toothed ring did look pretty horrific, So I cleaned that one up too, but that would usually give a 'mechanical malfunction' fault code, so I'm guessing the sensor was dodgy. Had to smash it to get it out too!

Happy days :)