Fastest 8L in the U.K.

So not the fastest at all then, the most powerful. The two are very different things.

Because Prawns is the fastest on any circuit I'm certain of that.

Reactions: VAG-Slag
So not the fastest at all then, the most powerful. The two are very different things.

Because Prawns is the fastest on any circuit I'm certain of that.

Doubtful mate. There will be 8L race cars hidden away that we just don't know about, I'm sure of it. I know there are definitely some 8l S3 race cars. they'll probably be quicker, just not so widely whored out :laugh:

Most power in an 8L A3 in the country? Currently either Andrews or Stuart Richardsons that I know of personally, mid 500's for Andrew I think, low 600's for Stuart, but I believe both are also broken currently, so who knows!

I'm not saying this is the fastest track 8p There is but it's pretty impressive on a track for a N/A . But I'd say nicks is up there with the quickest

Reactions: Essexman
In the 1/4 mile world Fastest is usually taken to mean terminal velocity and Quickest refers to the lowest ET time.
Most powerful on the dyno is another measure.
Quickest lap time is another.
The big horse power street car guys like using the 60-130mph Vbox GPS verified times for real world acceleration figures.

Lol

fastest on the forum would have to be tufftys as his is the only big power car that actually works and has produced some numbers. Everyone elses is dead

Reactions: StaceyS3, Prawn, 16Klappe and 2 others
it depends if your a purest and say a S3 is only a S3 when it has its 20v engine.

Im not sure whats out there but my latest spec of engine and turbo is rated at 750 bhp but would be happy to see 650 bhp.

But if its a engine conversion then storm developments wins

fastest on the forum would have to be tufftys as his is the only big power car that actually works and has produced some numbers. Everyone elses is dead

Right now is, there are many more out there that will beat his, just a shame its a UK only as Sam's would be a good contender

Mines not dead, I just don't update on here much as I'm too busy to post. I did drive mine last month but its off the road right now with break issues.

Fasted will be Stacey's as its getting lighter and lighter as most powerful

Last edited:
Reactions: StaceyS3, s3 Hoggy and Vex182
In Australia quickest would mean fastest down a quarter mile, but after reading all these track day posts I think in England, quickest should be determined by a track (track days aren't so popular here in Australia). The problem is different cars suit different tracks, and some drivers are better than others (I hear Prawn isn't too bad? :p), so you'll never get a definitive answer.

Ok..most powerfull..hp and torque figures..

LOL

Lets face if you're still on a standard S3 gearbox ratios maximum speed is never going to be that great, even with 8500/9000rpm

If you want a fast S3 you're going to have to change the ratios - diesel set with custom longer final drive

In this respect anything over 350hp-ish (250bhp/tonne) is really just going to alter how quickly you max standard ratios out

LOL

Lets face if you're still on a standard S3 gearbox ratios maximum speed is never going to be that great, even with 8500/9000rpm

If you want a fast S3 you're going to have to change the ratios - diesel set with custom longer final drive

In this respect anything over 350hp-ish (250bhp/tonne) is really just going to alter how quickly you max standard ratios out

You think? I'd beg to differ personally.

The stock 6 speed petrol box on 17's will do 195mph at 7800rpm, that's 212mph should you EVER get close to 8500rpm

Aero is going to take over LONG before 195mph methinks.....

I have 360bhp+ and I know now I wouldn't get anywhere near 190mph which would be at my 7600rpm limit in 6th.

Image and brain power shamelessly stolen from RobinJI

Reactions: superkarl
Mine is currently 0 bhp and just a collection of parts in my spare room currently so not really a contender. I'd like to hope it made similar power to Tuffty's. The HTA wheel should help. We'll see when it ever gets finished.

Jenno: they are wayyy too obsessed with the fag strip here. Straight lines, great fun :unsure:

Well this forum is my only reference to the car scene in England. Guess the quarter mile obsession is world wide

hill climbing and rally cross is where its at, lets organise some asn hill climb days. Rally cross is a bit more difficult to sort out lol

Reactions: VAG-Slag, Mrharris2 and Sam_
I'm up for a hill climb day. If we do another charity hill climb over here will invite you all over to join in.

Reactions: superkarl
I know it's not a genuine s3 engine but my personal favourite s3 is the YouTube 0-400 audi s3 3.2. Fuaaaack that sounds amazing and is stupidly fast

I know it's not a genuine s3 engine but my personal favourite s3 is the YouTube 0-400 audi s3 3.2. Fuaaaack that sounds amazing and is stupidly fast

Have to agree with you there. i love that thing!

Reactions: Mrharris2
I coulda guessed you would say that lol. Why not @16Klappe ?

It's just a joke.

It is hardly an S3, apart from a couple of body panels.

All it does is make people 'enthusiastic' about something's they've seen in YouTube and then post crap in here about their pipe dreams of having a 800bhp S3 street monster.

Reactions: s3 Hoggy
Lol yeah that is true I suppose on,y for the dreamers though not every body is capable of making a car with that bhp and it wouldn't be able to be a daily. Just sounds nice and is fast. I Wudnt and cudnt have one myself

It is hardly an S3, apart from a couple of body panels.

How do you know that? It's hardly a spaceframed beast. It's just an S3 with a 3.2 engine fitted. Still running the S3 suspension and running gear and everything apart from the engine when I last saw a spec for it.

I have spoken to him by email

It's a stripped out S3 with a big *** engine and turbo... It's as simple as that.

There is another S3 about over seas with a R30 engine that's putting good times in..I know what people are going to say "R30?". Yes it's a destroked R32 engine to make it Rev more.

Jardo just likes having strong opinions to give his unbacked views more apparent weight, Sam, you know that :laugh:

the 0-400 car is clearly 'still an S3'

It's not as if the R32 engine swap is a huge fabrication task, it drops right in on stock mounts, using a stock gearbox and drivetrain. then turbo kits are available off the shelf too.

I'm not suggesting the 0-400 car is an easy build, but I don't think it's fair to say it's not an S3 any more. that's silly.

Reactions: Sam_
I'm hoping for around 550bhp when is finished wonder where that will put until some of the higher powered cars are back on the road

Jardo just likes having strong opinions to give his unbacked views more apparent weight, Sam, you know that :laugh:

the 0-400 car is clearly 'still an S3'

It's not as if the R32 engine swap is a huge fabrication task, it drops right in on stock mounts, using a stock gearbox and drivetrain. then turbo kits are available off the shelf too.

I'm not suggesting the 0-400 car is an easy build, but I don't think it's fair to say it's not an S3 any more. that's silly.

It's gay, and it encourages idiots to post on ASN about their 1000bhp S3 dreams.

Therefor I hate it.

What did Faz's 2.7 bi-Turbo get ? I know its not around the figures banded about but upgrades would have put it on the list.

It's gay, and it encourages idiots to post on ASN about their 1000bhp S3 dreams.

Therefor I hate it.

I like it as I respect the engineering work that's gone into so me its far from gay..

People that come on here wanting to build a like for like build soon find out the hard way, the cost and that bubble soon get popped.. They even crap there pants when they find out how much 500bhp costs.

Reactions: StaceyS3
Oh yes!

I can only imagine what a reliable 500bhp costs, I know it's past my budget that's for sure. :)