Fast Delivery

Broadstraik

Reaction score
I ordered my A3 Saloon on the 28th June and although the order was not placed with Audi until 2nd July and my estimated delivery was to be the end of September but more likley early October. I contacted the dealer this morning to find out if they had a build week confirmed yet from Audi and almost fell off my chair when they said the car is at the Port of Tyne and will be picked up in the next 2 days for delivery to them. I could put it on the road for 1st August but will wait for the 63 Reg even though I have a private plate. I was told that the factory shut down for 3 weeks summer holidays but I believe all the A3 saloons are produced in a new factory in Hungary and so maybe they do not have a backlog of orders which are making the wait for some Sportbacks a lot longer.

Wow that is quick - and possibly the first one in the country or at worse case one of the first shipment, if it were me I would take it on 1st August unless you have holidays booked especially as you have pvt plate

Reactions: SJW
That's quick, stick your plate on it and enjoy the exclusivity of owning one of the 1st saloons.

Mark

Reactions: SJW
Yes, I think you must be right in it being one of the first ones into the country. My dealer was saying they are only due to get a LHD model to display in their showroom for a week later this month. I wondered if the reason I am getting it so quickly was because they had already built it before I ordered it and they had just added any options to it that I had ordered that were not already on the car.It is quite tempting to take the car for 1st August as I intend keeping the car for 5 years and the residual value difference between an August and September registration will be minimal. I am just waiting for my private plate retention paperwork to come back and was promised it next week when I phoned this morning so if it turns up on time may just go for it. If I leave it till September then I will get caught up in the rush to get lots of cars ready for the 1st Sept.

That's quick, stick your plate on it and enjoy the exclusivity of owning one of the 1st saloons. Mark
Mark, you are all convincing me to go for 1st August and I find it difficult to resist and few good reasons to wait!!

You know it makes sense to get it as soon as you can ;)

I picked up my Sportback on the day they realeased the model as I pre-ordered it back in November. The grin on my face went from ear to ear as I drove it out of the showroom whilst all the other customers were ordering theirs and facing a 5 month + wait :)

I didn't see another one on the roads for a full 5 weeks!

I have been persuaded !! If the car turns up in the next 2 to 3 days as expected and I have my private plate retention paperwork back, I am going to go for 1st August.

Reactions: SJW, hittchy and Daveotto
I have been persuaded !! If the car turns up in the next 2 to 3 days as expected and I have my private plate retention paperwork back, I am going to go for 1st August.

There's an opportunity to get something out of the dealer here. If the original plan was September/October on a 63 plate but the dealer will have it way earlier, they won't want to hang on to it for that long and will be desperate for you to take it as soon as possible.

If you decide to do so, just don't let on to the dealer and make out that you'd really rather wait for the 63 plate and they might offer you some incentive to take it early on a 13 plate instead.

(Yes I'm evil :D )

Vertigo, it is definitely worth a try getting something out of the dealer. They priced my trade-in based on a October delivery so must be at least a couple of hundred pounds there anyway. I may not trade in anyway if I can get more selling privately but they do not know that for sure yet. I expect they would prefer to book a sale to August too as it is probably one of their leanest months. I will see what I can get when they call to say the car has arrived.

My transport order for Tyne was created last Thursday and picked up the car today so isn't too much of a wait. All I can say is WOW !!! What a pleasure to drive

It might be here by Friday but failing that early next week so not a long wait.
Pleased to hear you are enjoying your new car. How does it compare to your Mondeo? I used to be Ford man and my first eight cars were Fords.

Reactions: First Ever Audi
Yes, I know what you mean, my previous car was an Audi. Nothing wrong with Fords but you only get what you pay for.

Reactions: First Ever Audi
I knew it was too good to be true, my car has not even been allocated a build week yet, never mind be waiting for collection from Port of Tyne. The person I spoke to on Wednesday must have got things mixed up even though I checked the spec of the car with her. Spoke to the salesmen today as I was doubtful it could have gone from an order to being in the country in just over two weeks. Never mind, I still have of the option now to change the colour to the new Lotus Grey which they now have a proper sample of if I like it.