Faraday Case - Anyone Use One?

Blessed_Badger

Reaction score
I collect my new S5 on March 2nd and was just wondering if anyone on here uses a Faraday case for their keys when they’re at home?

Coming from a BMW (but without Keyless entry), there’s lots of talk on the forums of cars (BMW, Audi, Merc etc etc) being stolen using devices that capture and amplify the keyless remote signal while the keys are still in the house - and can therefore start and drive off with your car. And then to make matters worse, have a difficult job explaining to insurance companies how their car has been driven off!

Does anyone recommend anything in particular as they range from a few pounds on eBay to quite expensive!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do yes, lock my car up with a steering lock and throw the keys in my bag every night.

I put my keys in an old sweet tin at night!

I did get an Autowatch Ghost fitted as well though.

Reactions: Sandra and S32B
I use one to keep the key in at night. They do work.

I put my keys in an old sweet tin at night!

I did get an Autowatch Ghost fitted as well though.

I have a tin that was too good to be hidden away, wondered what I could use it for...now I know ;)

It works as well!!! opened the car and then put the keys in the tin, sat in the car and it wouldnt' start :)

Reactions: Sandra and THQuattro
+1 for the tin idea. Bid that until the Faraday Bags arrived.
But, can you put the tin in your pocket when you go out. Plus, if you go out with the missus, who has the spare key and you're not together all the time, what then?.....................Take a pair of tinsnips?
kissmyrings.gif

:footy:YNWA