FAQ a Footwell lights

Wonker

Reaction score
New to all this so this site is like Aladdin's cave to me. I've just been reading through some of the links on the FAQ page and I feel like a kid in a sweet shop :yes:

It may take some reading but I think I will read every link on that page. Only had my car (first ever Audi) a few weeks and I'm in love with it. The only thing (I suspect there will be others as time goes on) that I feel could be added are footwell lights and after scanning throught the FAQ it looks like RobinA3 is the man the man to speak to.

On that theme (and I'm probably going to get horsewhipped for this) but is there divided opinion on here about fitting OEM bits and bobs as opposed to other aftermarket parts. For instance before joining this forum I searched for Audi A3 footwell lights and this was one of the things I found:

2 ULTRA BRIGHT INTERIOR IN CAR NEON LIGHTS LED NEONS !! on eBay (end time 20-Mar-11 19:45:38 GMT)

At first they looked horrific as I am not an 18 yr boy racer who wants ultra bright blue lights but when I read the advert I could see that It would be possible to end up with subtle red lights (to match the dash lights). I have also read RobinA3's post with interest and it is something I would like to have a go at but I can see that I would need a vag com? (until today, I had never heard of a vag com and still don't really know what one is if I am honest).

So what is the general consensus? Am I the anti-christ for even suggesting not using OEM parts?

I have a similar issue with the Clutch/Brake/Accelerator pedal covers :laugh:

You will need Vag Com to code the footwell lights to work, someone near you will be able to do this for you. You can code them before you fit the lights or vise versa.

A lot of members have fitted my looms and light but then changed the bulb to LED ones as they are brighter and give off a nice crisp white light.