FAO Silicone TIP owners

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wanted to know opinions on Turbo Intake Pipes. I have currently got OEM but my car is remapped and I want to know what TIPs you guys are running e.g. Forge, Samco or other?

I am yet to experience collapse but I have heard you get a slight performance increase with Silicone TIPs plus I would like peace of mind.

What is the best in your opinion and are they worth the £100+

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Forge item in my AGU A3 and to be honest I'm not sure of any gains, although it does seem to pick up better. I'd shop around before you decide what make to go for as there seem to be some cheaper ones fitted by a few people now that are saving some pennies against the Forge item.

I'm happy with mine though, overall quality is great. Plus looking at the 2 pics behind I'd say there's deffo less restriction over the stock item (on an A3 though)

Standard item (Turbo end)

3681866564_1178665a65.jpg

Forge item

3681863156_fe092548a2.jpg

The Forge ones seem nicely made though, I had to trim a little bit off each end to get it to sit perfectly but it was less than 10mm per end :) Here's a few other pics of various bits of it so you can see how they look close up...

3681826858_7a2b3ebf60.jpg

3681829634_a2fa989a05.jpg

3681017319_0f82903eee.jpg

I'm sure someone can offer some opinions on non Forge items and point you in the direction of where to look for them.

Tom

aswell those silicone pipes can be bought in any shape and sizes for alot cheaper than £100. they might not be a forge one but its gonna be the same silicon material and thickness.

aswell those silicone pipes can be bought in any shape and sizes for alot cheaper than £100. they might not be a forge one but its gonna be the same silicon material and thickness.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. There are some right nasty cheap ones with a lot less ply's in the structure than the Forge ones. A decent quality one will be really stiff and harder to bend than a flacid cheapo ebay special item. A soft one will just collapse.

Have a look at Autobhan? ones I think they were. Someone got one on here not long ago.

i think the ones i had were from silicone.com or something like that from motorserv. They were very strong and got a similar sized pipe for £45

i bought a samco TIP from someone on here before i took it up to Jabbasport, although they said tey fit an O ring to prevent collapse. Only difference i noticed was the noise.

I'm aware you can buy straight silicon pipe, bends and elbows from pretty much any place...however a TIP isnt just a bit of pipe, its designed for a specific car and needs to fit right.

just like mine :)

20091001_CRW_3806.jpg

<tuffty/>

why didnt i read this before paying £130 on mine? hmmmm doh!