FAO Pre-facelift S3 headlight owners

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone wanting facelift headlights for there Pre-facelift its posible without spending hundreds on S3 headlights, i have just fitted A3 lights to my S3 they are straight plug and play. simply unplug all the s3 lights leave the balasts on the s3 headlights then remove the auto height adjusters from the S3 lights, fit the auto adjusters to the A3 lights swap the indicator bulb holder from the S3 light to the A3 lights,
your need to cut the inside of the wing still as per the A3 headlight upgrade sticky, once you have trimed the wing the wiring will simply plug straight into all the A3 light plugs in the correct order no messing around.
i made up a bracket to secure the bottom of the headlight as the brackets sit in a different place but the lights will be secure enough to not bother.
put the bumper back on and your done :icon_thumright: only thing your have to loose the xenon's and use H1 bulbs but there probably brighter then the crap audi gave us. alternativly you could just use a HID conversion.

havent taken any pics it looks good but my bumper is really poorly fitted at the mo due to it being fidly with the fmic fitted so i just slung it on for now as its going for painting monday so dont care what it looks like for the weekend, also my headlight washer caps are off as there being flushed into the bumper now i have done away with the xenons so really does look gash atm.
ill take loads of pics once its out the body shop though :arco:

have you taken it out at night yet with the H1's mate? I honestly don't know how anyone could ever go back to standard halogen bulbs after having HID's

I really don't see the point! why not just stick with what is on the car? after all it would have cost at least £350 plus for Xenons if it was an extra i.e . for the A3s. so nothing gained here me think!:)

have you taken it out at night yet with the H1's mate? I honestly don't know how anyone could ever go back to standard halogen bulbs after having HID's
no not yet only done them today aim is'nt correct so won't be using it at night untill after its back from the bodyshop and i have time to get the bumper back to normal and the headlights pointing in the correct directions
I really don't see the point! why not just stick with what is on the car? after all it would have cost at least £350 plus for Xenons if it was an extra i.e . for the A3s. so nothing gained here me think!:)
the gain was to fit facelift lights with out paying £500 a headlight, thought id share with people its posible. if i feel the need i will buy a HID conversion kit anyway but doubt i will my missus has a arosa with normal halogen bulbs and the light from them is as clear as my poor s3 xenons are/were