FAO: Macca666

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Hi Paul, apologies for this, but all e-mail we are currently sending to hotmail addresses is bouncing - the techie chaps are looking into the problem, but here is your answer to save any further delays...

---

Hi Paul,

I have just checked with Kestrel, and they say we are still on schedule to receive our next allocation either right at the end of March or during the first week of April (as per the website). Several thousand units are being brought in this time, so once they have landed there will be absolutely no problems with getting hold of sufficient stock immediately. Of course we would appreciate the business, but if you find the wait too long to bear we will understand if you buy elsewhere - I'm actually quite surprised Alex at Elite has any left, most other traders ran out weeks ago!

Moving on to polish and pad choice, please bear in mind you have paint types at the opposite ends of the spectrum - the Audi will have rock hard paint, while the Mazda will have very soft paint. Unfortunately, this means you will need different pads and polish for each car, as what will work on the Audi will be too strong for the Mazda, and what will work on the Mazda will be too mild for the Audi!

Here is the recommended method for the Audi...

To correct swirl marks and other light to moderate defects (fine scratches and etching) on your car, we recommend a two stage process starting with either Menzerna RD3.02 or Gloss It Extreme Cut in conjunction with Menzerna 135 mm Polishing Pads on a 125 mm flexible backing plate and Lake Country 100 mm CCS Light Cut Spot Pads on a 75 mm flexible backing plate (the larger pads are best used on larger flatter areas, while the smaller spot pads are best used on smaller more awkward areas). Working at around 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 4-5 on most dual action machine polishers) using light to moderate pressure should enable you to correct around 95% of the defects present in just 1-2 attempts per panel. To get an even higher level of correction, or to tackle any remaining deeper defects, you could switch to using Menzerna 135 mm Compounding Pads. These offer even more cutting power, but are more awkward to use, as they are very firm and unyielding. With the correction stage done, we recommend following up with either Menzerna 85RD or Gloss It Evolution Polish in conjunction with Menzerna 135 mm Finishing Pads on a 125 mm flexible backing plate and Lake Country 100 mm CCS Polishing Spot Pads on a 75 mm flexible backing plate (again the larger pads are best used on larger flatter areas, while the smaller spot pads are best used on smaller more awkward areas). Working at around 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 4-5 on most dual action machine polishers) using light pressure should enable you to produce an ultra-sharp high gloss finish, which you should then protect using either a good quality wax or sealant.

And here is the recommended method for the Mazda...

To correct swirl marks and other light to moderate defects (fine scratches and etching) on your car, we recommend a single stage process using Menzerna Final Polish II in conjunction with Lake Country CCS Polishing Pads (165 mm pads on a 125 mm flexible backing plate for larger flatter areas, and 100 mm spot pads on a 75 mm flexible backing plate for smaller more awkward areas). Working at around 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 4-5 on most dual action machine polishers) using light to moderate pressure should enable you able to correct around 95% of the defects present in just 1-2 attempts per panel. To get an even higher level of correction, or to tackle any remaining deeper defects, you could switch to Menzerna Intensive Polish in conjunction with Lake Country CCS Light Cut Pads (165 mm pads on a 125 mm flexible backing plate for larger flatter areas, and 100 mm spot pads on a 75 mm flexible backing plate for smaller more awkward areas). This combination offers more cutting power, but should be used sparingly, as the rate of paint removal increases significantly. If you decide to use Intensive Polish, we recommend following up with Menzerna Final Polish II in conjunction with Lake Country CCS Polishing Pads (165 mm pads on a 125 mm flexible backing plate for larger flatter areas, and 100 mm spot pads on a 75 mm flexible backing plate for smaller more awkward areas) in order to refine the finish. Working at around 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 4-5 on most dual action machine polishers) using light pressure should enable you to produce an ultra-sharp high gloss finish, which you should then protect using either a good quality wax or sealant.

The most cost effective way to cover all bases would be to initially opt for this kit list (leaving off the Intensive Polish and light cut pad option for the Mazda at this stage, as it may not be necessary)...

Advanced DAS-6 Dual Action Machine Polishing Kit - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/advanced-das-6-dual-action-machine-polishing-kit-kits.html (choosing the Menzerna 135 mm - 2 x Compounding, 2 x Polishing, 2 x Finishing pad option)
Menzerna RD3.02 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/menzerna-rd3-02-polish.html
Menzerna 85RD - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/menzerna-85rd-polish.html
Menzerna Final Polish II - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/menzerna-final-polish-II-polish.html
Lake Country 165 mm CCS Technology Polishing Pads - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/lake-country-165-mm-ccs-technology-pads-polish.html
Super Thick & Plush Towels - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-super-thick-and-plush-towel-polish.html

I hope that helps, but if you want to go over the above in more detail please don't hesitate to give me a call. If I don't hear back I'll drop you a further line once the Kestrels units are physically back in stock.

Cheers for now,

Rich

Rich,

many thanks for the reply its fine about the email thing hope you get it sorted. As I said in the email I would prefer to give the business to yourselves and if you are getting plenty of stock in i'll be in touch to pre-order (just to make sure!!)

I'll have a look at the stuff and make a decision exactly what i'm going to order. I've got quite a few Meguiars products at the mo which I normally use (and was hoping to use with the polisher) so i'll have a think to see about the polishes.

Thanks again for the reply and i'll be in touch.

cheers.