1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO Andymac

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by monty77, Dec 13, 2004.

1. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 13, 2004]
    Hiya mate,

Would like to order one of your stealth sub kits...how do I go about this?

Already have a Rockford Fosgate 500X amp, I'm guessing 2 of the channels bridged will be enough to drive the sub leaving the other 2 to power some components?

While I'm here, what is the max mounting depth for front components?

Cheers!
    Adam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 13, 2004]
    mounting depth is 65mm max
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 13, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    mounting depth is 65mm max

[/ QUOTE ]

The Alpine SPRs I like the look of (had a pair of 17cm ones in my old car) are 64mm - too close for comfort?

Cheers,
    Adam
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 13, 2004]
    Hi Monty

Send me a PM on exactly what you need, i.e. do you need the mini loom to plug into the Audi sub loom (so you don't need to pull the head unit, fit the RCA adapter and run RCA's to the back).
    I don't know if the 64mm mounting depth includes the spacer rings needed to fit aftermarket units to the 3 point fixing on the door cards. This does push the speaker back slightly so will require a few extra mm's.
  6. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[Dec 13, 2004]
    Andy, what are the disadvantages of tapping into the Audi sub loom with your mini loom - it seems like a lot of saved trouble compared with running rcas down the car. Does the mini loom require the rca to be extended so it can reach the amp, or is it long enough already?
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 13, 2004]
    The mini loom allows you to plug into the red (or Black Bose) plug once you've removed the OEM sub, at the rear of the car. If you mount the amp behind the rear speaker panel then the mini loom will easily reach the amp.
    The downside is that you are still using the lousy Audi wiring, so there is the possibility of interference on the rear speakers (non Bose only), but when using Alpine V12 amps I've never had this problem, but I know others using other brands have.