1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fancy Digital Radio (DAB) in your Audi?

Discussion in 'New Products' started by Advanced_InCarTech, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Advanced_InCarTech

Advanced_InCarTech Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Aug 17, 2012]
    Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying what sun is about!

Wanted to let you all know about Digital Radio for your Audi and what we can offer you! Now we all know that there are some stations out there that we all love listening to. Stations such as TalkSport, Radio1 Extra, Radio 5 Live etc etc!!

We have several products available to you both factory style (operated through your MFSW) or an aftermarket option (Good looking on dash unit).

Remember: FM Radio is currently set to be switched off in around the 2015 / 2016 mark.

So lets get going with the Factory style:

Audi AutoDab
    [​IMG]

This kit is awesome!! Using your Multi Function Steering Wheel, this is a behind the scenes piece of kit that really opens your car to the digital radio world! Nothing on view! This is our most popular digital radio system at the moment!

If you want to check out more info on this product then just click this link --> Audi AutoDab | Advanced In Car Technologies

---

Now lets look at an aftermarket option:

Alpine Ezi-DAB
    [​IMG]

This is a totally universal digital radio system for you car. It is a very sleek design that gives you all you would want from digital radio. Access to your top radio stations with the ability to play and pause live radio!! It also has the option for iPod connectivity so you can kill two birds with one stone!! Great for the money!

If you want to check out more info on this product then just click this link --> Alpine EZi-DAB | Advanced In Car Technologies

Need any more help and advice then just comment below and we will get back to you asap!!!

The guys from Advanced In-Car! x​
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Jan 11, 2013]
    ***Quick Update***

Here is a video of the AutoDAB Digital Radio working in an Audi A3 with the RNSe Navigation System! Well worth a watch to see how cool it is!!

If you need any more info then just let me know!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    IceHanger likes this.
  4. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

[Feb 24, 2013]
    This looks pretty amazing. I've just fitted an RNSe to my 2009 A3 and don't have a radio signal anymore. It's going to cost as much as one of these to sort and like the guy says in the YouTube clip the fm signal will eventually be switched off.
    Is this a hard mod to do yourself and do they provide any codes you may require for vcds?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  5. Cruiser89

[Feb 24, 2013]
    Yeah it works really well bud!!

I fitted one into my A3 and the sound quality is awesome... Hardly ever drops out when driving about. Could have got one of our engineers to fit it but I did it myself and I'm a web / marketing guy not an engineer. Took a couple of hours but well worth it.

The great thing about this is that it works with pretty much all the head units in the A3 as well as other makes / models!
  6. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

[Feb 24, 2013]
    Yes I'm excited about this as this will save me doing the fm antenna fix.
  7. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

[Feb 28, 2013]
    Well I got one of these units and I fitted all correctly except where I put the antenna the earth is not touching the metal pillar of the car and I cannot get a clear signal on the move at all😩

Would the earth stop me getting signal??

I live in brum so the digital signal is strong in the area. Help please.
  8. Cruiser89

[Feb 28, 2013]
    You need to get that earthing connection... I'm not sure from a technical / engineer perspective why it needs a ground but I do know that you have to have it.

Quick question - Why did you not do the earth?

I have one in my A3 and it works really well... Lots of customers with all different makes and models also have had this done and they love it!
  9. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

[Feb 28, 2013]
    It was a school boy error really. I stuck it down before realising it wouldn't reach the pillar. At the time the signal was fine. As soon as I left my drive it stopped getting a decent signal. As soon as I did it I tried pulling it off but it looked like I'd struggle to get it to stick down again. I'll pull it off and try to earth it, just hope it will stick back ok.
  10. Cruiser89

[Feb 28, 2013]
    I very much doubt you will get that stuck down again if you take it off... They aren't really designed to do that. It will probably damage the aerial.

I know it's a pain but I think you may have to get a new aerial in preparation.
  11. coxy8329

coxy8329 Member

[Mar 9, 2013]
    Will Autodab installed with RNSe without a MFSW still work?
  12. Cruiser89

[Mar 11, 2013]
    Hey Coxy,

Unfortunately it won't. The only way you can communicate with this particular AutoDab system is via the MFSW. They do have a "Universal kit" which uses a remote control for cars that don't have a MFSW.

You can check it out here - Universal AutoDAB - Aftermarket DAB Radio | Advanced In-Car Technologies

I must admit, even though some people like this system, I'm not a massive fan of the remote!
  13. coxy8329

coxy8329 Member

[Mar 11, 2013]
    Cheers for the reply.
    You're right about the remote, not loving it.
  14. mike170

mike170 Member

[Mar 20, 2014]
    Does the auto dab require coding to rnse?