1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake M3's

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by wez3570, Oct 7, 2011.

1. wez3570

wez3570 Member

Seems everywhere I go these days I see base model BMW 3 series with a rusty exhaust 16" alloys and M3 badges.

Someone somewhere is making a fortune selling M3 badges.

At least put some decent wheels on and maybe an M3 bodykit and one of those shiny tailpipe covers from halfrauds.

I think what annoys me most is that they think a lowly boot badge is enough to fool me!

Not happening, sorry. It's sad, makes YOU look like an idiot, and people visualise what kind of area u live in.

Maybe we should start posting pics of the worst we've seen. The one I saw today was pure class! Lol
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I've seen a few 1.6 A3's with S3 badges aswell...
  3. wez3570

wez3570 Member

Believe it or not, I've never seen one In person yet!

Go Audi lol
  4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

When it was the e36 m3s day it was easily copied, but on the e46 the arches tell the tale...
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

These badges add 10bhp, didn't you know? lol
  6. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's quite useful; when I meet someone who does something like this I know to ignore everything they every word they say (as it's probably embellished), and avoid any offers of friendship / Facebook friend request because they're probably an unhinged ****! I think it's incredibly generous of them to advertise this so openly so good on 'em.
  7. Matt_S

Matt_S Member

To be honest, the people that would take a seacond look at the cars, are the only ones who care, and also happen to be the ones that will spot a fake a mile away! To conclude, they impress no one.
  8. wez3570

wez3570 Member

I'm not really a BMW fan (130Msport exluded), they're not something my attention is usually drawn to but these M3 badged cars stick out like a sore thumb, I can't help noticing them!
  9. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

i think its funny when a copy M3 is in sight, all i want to do i offer them a race just to see there face drop when i am sat there with the giggles! I know an M3 from a copy as iv had e36 coupe M3 and an E46 Coupe M3///
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  10. pangsterA3

pangsterA3 Member

to be fair I think this happens on al marques and isn't just restricted to BMW's and Audi's..

how many Mercs do you see getting badged AMG?
    how many Vauxhalls seem to pick up VXR badges after they've left the factory?
    You've got Golf's getting badged as R32's or GTI's etc (the best one I saw was a diesel with R32 badge!! LOL!)

It's really down to the poor taste of the individuals involved..

as far as BMW pictures go - here might be a good start>>> THE BMW NIGHTMARE WEBPAGE - VIEW THE EXISTENCE OF BMW DISASTER!! UGLY, OVER MODIFIED & WRECKED BMW
  11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

I saw a diesel R32 yesterday, it was......nice!!! LOL
  12. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

and then of course there's doing it the other way round, I saw an S3 with a tdi badge and a few choice mods and it obviously suprised people all the time with how quick it was compared to what they thought it was...!
  13. gary3306

gary3306 Member

Best one I saw was when I had my Vectra VXR. I was following a dark green 1.2 R reg Corsa B with a VXR badge on the back. Absolutely nothing else done to the car whatsoever, but even if it had, the VXR brand didn't emerge for another 7 years after that corsa was new lol. AND he had the burberry cheek to floor it as we pulled off the roundabout onto the dual carriageway. I think I went past him at about 60 in 2nd gear.

Mind you, I did get spanked by a Nova whilst leaving the VBOA show in Billing one year. Turns out this Nova has about 510bhp :blink:
    pangsterA3 likes this.
  14. gary3306

gary3306 Member

Now THAT'S the way to do it :)
  15. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

I was thinking of just de-badging my 2.5 and just leaving the Audi 4 rings on the boot lid ,
  16. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

and i was half thinking about doing the tdi trick to mine... maybe.
  17. Blake.

Blake. New Member

This really annoys me, definitely a pet peev. I always enjoy it when you end up sat at the lights next to them though and their 3 boyfriends in the car are goading them on to have a go, the best part is looking in the rear view a few seconds later.