1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory fitted tyres

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by QuantumJohn, Jan 4, 2005.

1. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    What were the factory fitted tyres to a 2000 S4? I thought Audi fitted Continental's around this time but my car has 3 Pirrelli P6000's and one Dunlop SP sport, although the spare is a P6000.

Also, the P6000 that is on the rear has worn far more on the outside than on the inside. Is this usual?

Thanks,
    John
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Jan 4, 2005]
    I would say that you should always replace the "sets" of tyres by the same type and Manufacture.

Strange if Audi have done this. I would put your spare on to suit the others and keep the Dunlop spare or replace it all together.
  4. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Andy,

I am not necessarily certain that the car is on it's original tyres but seeing as it has only done 20K miles I guess the very worn one could be.
    I am going to replace all the tyres and have the wheels refurbed if I don't replace them for 18's due to the fact the previous owner had a fetish for curbs!

John
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Wow, 20k in 4 years, now that's low mileage! So only 12 years to go before the Dunlop shows any sign of wear then.
  6. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I think the dunlop is going to go in the bin. Even though it looks relatively new it has a chunk out of the side wall that I imagine won't pass the MOT.

I have heard some poor reports for the Pirelli's as well.

The mileage isn't likely to increase quickly either. I use the train to get to work.

John
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Pirelli's P6000 are excellent, got Audi to change my wife's Dunlops for Pirelli's and the car was transformed. But Goodyear F1's are better.
  8. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Ive got eagle F1's excellent tyres! cant comment on the dunlops but i did like continentals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif