Factory fitted tyres

QuantumJohn

Reaction score
What were the factory fitted tyres to a 2000 S4? I thought Audi fitted Continental's around this time but my car has 3 Pirrelli P6000's and one Dunlop SP sport, although the spare is a P6000.

Also, the P6000 that is on the rear has worn far more on the outside than on the inside. Is this usual?

Thanks,
John

I would say that you should always replace the "sets" of tyres by the same type and Manufacture.

Strange if Audi have done this. I would put your spare on to suit the others and keep the Dunlop spare or replace it all together.

Andy,

I am not necessarily certain that the car is on it's original tyres but seeing as it has only done 20K miles I guess the very worn one could be.
I am going to replace all the tyres and have the wheels refurbed if I don't replace them for 18's due to the fact the previous owner had a fetish for curbs!

John

Wow, 20k in 4 years, now that's low mileage! So only 12 years to go before the Dunlop shows any sign of wear then.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I think the dunlop is going to go in the bin. Even though it looks relatively new it has a chunk out of the side wall that I imagine won't pass the MOT.

I have heard some poor reports for the Pirelli's as well.

The mileage isn't likely to increase quickly either. I use the train to get to work.

John

Pirelli's P6000 are excellent, got Audi to change my wife's Dunlops for Pirelli's and the car was transformed. But Goodyear F1's are better.

Ive got eagle F1's excellent tyres! cant comment on the dunlops but i did like continentals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif