1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

factory exhaust mainfold polish?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by phd, Jun 7, 2008.

1. phd

phd New Member

[Jun 7, 2008]
    Hi fellows

Previously, you guys have answered me a lot of answer regarding the ECU and thanks for that. You guys are great. My car is in the workshop now and waiting for the parts arrive.

During this period, I had chatted with my mechanic, he mentioned my factory exhaust manifold should need to polish cos I am upgrading my ECU. This will make the air flow run better but it is not cheap. Around 200. But I have found the polished exhaust manifold in ebay and the price is around 200 as well.

Should I polished the factory one or buy the new one from ebay? I remember there is some difference shape or design exhaust manifold from 1997-2002 audi a4 b5 1.8 turbo but I can’t remember what it was.

Here is the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220242625035&ih=012&category=38786&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I am not sure would this fit on 97 1.8 turbo AEB engine? Please help……:weight_lift2:

PHD:meeting:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 9, 2008]
    give me the £200 i will happily dispose of it for you!
    if you have money to burn that easily spend it on better stuff.
    I have been there done that and have the embarrasment burnt into memory.
    EBay exhaust manifolds from Chine are in my opinion and experience utter sh1te!
    they conveniently don't show you a close up of the most complex aspect of the merge collector welding....mainly because it has been filled with so much weld it looks like a crow shat in there.

don't do it get a decent cast mani or go to designer dubs and get a proper equal length tubular knocked up