1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

factory exhaust mainfold polish?

phd Jun 7, 2008

1. phd

phd New Member

Hi fellows

Previously, you guys have answered me a lot of answer regarding the ECU and thanks for that. You guys are great. My car is in the workshop now and waiting for the parts arrive.

During this period, I had chatted with my mechanic, he mentioned my factory exhaust manifold should need to polish cos I am upgrading my ECU. This will make the air flow run better but it is not cheap. Around 200. But I have found the polished exhaust manifold in ebay and the price is around 200 as well.

Should I polished the factory one or buy the new one from ebay? I remember there is some difference shape or design exhaust manifold from 1997-2002 audi a4 b5 1.8 turbo but I can’t remember what it was.

Here is the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220242625035&ih=012&category=38786&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I am not sure would this fit on 97 1.8 turbo AEB engine? Please help……:weight_lift2:

PHD:meeting:

2. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

give me the £200 i will happily dispose of it for you!
    if you have money to burn that easily spend it on better stuff.
    I have been there done that and have the embarrasment burnt into memory.
    EBay exhaust manifolds from Chine are in my opinion and experience utter sh1te!
    they conveniently don't show you a close up of the most complex aspect of the merge collector welding....mainly because it has been filled with so much weld it looks like a crow shat in there.

don't do it get a decent cast mani or go to designer dubs and get a proper equal length tubular knocked up