1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelifted Q7

Discussion in 'Q3, Q5 & Q7 Forum' started by PIMPMYQ7, Dec 13, 2009.

1. PIMPMYQ7

PIMPMYQ7 New Member

Hi, seems a little quiet in this part of the site compared to others! :notme:

I have been an avid reader of the A4/A3 section for a few months now and impressed with the level of knowledge and work in general on the threads I have read.

So... I thought you guys may know whether it is possible to add the 2009MY facelift bumpers along with LED front & rear lights onto a pre facelift model Q7. The parts seems readily available from ebay.de etc.

The headlamps look like they are the same shape as the previous ones so hopefully they are a straight swap, maybe some electrical work needed new ballast or vagcom? If they're not then it would mean getting wings too.

Everything else seems like it would pretty much be a straight swap - rear bumper & trim, front bumper - so long as wings are not different shape. I will be calling Audi tomorrow to get some prices to see if its even a viable option, but they have been unhelpful with similar request regarding facelift parts fitting older vehicles before, so I will not waste my time asking them about the bits fitting.

Any ideas?
  2. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Sometimes audi are useless!! My guess would be that the facelifts lights would be slightly different. Abit of handy work and it should fit. I think the wings are different though. Had any luck since?
  3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

Facelift headlights are the same as before, but you would require a new from controller module J519 and some wiring changes to fit them. Also the lights on ebay are 99% LHD and not for the UK market.

I've done the LED rear lights and my next project is the DRL LED front headlights/S-line bumper & grill.
  4. zed

zed New Member

Craig, will you be offering this as a service to customers?

Thanks.