1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift wing side repeater area-pic wanted please!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Nessy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

I have fitted facelift headlamps to my pre-facelift A4 (which required alteration of the original wing with a Dremel so that the headlight would fit the aperture properly) and today some idiot decided to reverse his car into my nearside front wing whilst my car was parked outside my house......
    As the damage is being sorted out through insurance I want to make sure I have Genuine parts fitted but am wondering if the bodyshop fits a facelift wing can I fit the earlier side repeater lamp or is the wing pressing in this area different on the later wing?
    If anyone has a pic of this area on a facelift wing would be very grateful to see it!

Thanks!
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The pressing is larger on the facelift
  3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

Perhaps you could mod your other wing so that a facelift side repeater could be fitted on both sides.
  4. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Damn, thought that might be the case! Thanks for confirming...................

Cheers, good idea! Anyone on here done that? Hopefully the bodyshop will be calling tomorrow so am in a bit of a hurry as to decide what wing to go for........
  5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

If the car is over 3 years old they will use patern panels not genuine. You might be able to add a bit of cash to the insurance money to get both wings changed and painted to the facelift type.
  6. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Thanks, it is now being sorted through the other party's insurance (I'm not claiming) and is being done by a well-respected local bodyshop that has agreed to fit a Genuine wing at my request.
  7. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You better tell them to remove the lip on the wing so that they can reinstall the lights
  8. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Already done sir, and they are quite happy to do it as well, which was a bit of a relief........