Facelift tails issue

JPK

Reaction score
Can only get the fog light on the inner facelift lights to work, otherwise they are not coming on at all. The outside are working fine for everything. I want it to work like a facelift car.

The adaptor looms I used from 'tuning fanatics' had a 4th wire coming out of them that I connected up as an earth so that may be wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as I have to give this vcds back to a mate tomorrow!

Coding used:
Btye 9 to Dec = 0 - as the final brake light
Byte 10 to Dec = 0 - Fog lamps as a taillight
Byte 12 to Dec = 36 or 48 - dimming rear standlight
Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active - this must be activated

Ok after more hunting around I think my issue was that the extra wire I earthed needs to be connected to 12v... Can anyone confirm?
where would I get 12v from easily in that area?

Yes but that won't really work as the inners are in the hatch. Will have to remove the entire trim piece which I was trying to avoid then I guess and use the number plate light power

There is a 3 wire plug for the original inners and 4 wire for the facelift plug, the 4th wire is separate from the rest of the loom.

These ones:
200x200A3_Sportba_Adapter.jpg

If they're the Kufatec harnesses then they should've come with instructions. The separate wire is connected to the number plate lights to supply power to the inner LED's

230gbp or thereabouts including adapters

get it from this guy:
AUDI A3 8P SPORTBACK FACELIFT LED-RÃCKLEUCHTEN NEU OE! | eBay

same guy i got mine from

Last edited by a moderator: